Sound systems...i dont get the deal...?

jaedaddy

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I've always used an onboard sound driver...i game moderately and watch movies and edit movies... however, I never got into the whole sound card thing... does it really make that much of a difference? and if so how do you justify price for quality because at one point you cant tell the difference between a 200-300 dollar sound card or can you?...

feedback would be appreciated

jae
mlb

phamily

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
you would notice the difference in sound quality even if you spend 50 dollars on a sound card.
People that throw money at high end sound cards are the people that really care about and notice sound quality difference. And depending on what kind of speakers you have to pair up with the sound card, only then you can notice the difference.
Personally, i hate onboard sound. all i hear is empty music.

EDIT: hmm, i guess i pretty much repeated what he said :?

mandraque

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
you would notice the difference in sound quality even if you spend 50 dollars on a sound card.
People that throw money at high end sound cards are the people that really care about and notice sound quality difference. And depending on what kind of speakers you have to pair up with the sound card, only then you can notice the difference.
Personally, i hate onboard sound. all i hear is empty music.

EDIT: hmm, i guess i pretty much repeated what he said :?

i agree completely.