Error: Windows cannot load your profile

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
June 22, 2004 10:14:35 PM

How do I fix this error message: Windows cannot load
your profile because it may be corrupted. Contact your
administrator.

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2004 7:48:46 PM

You need to logon as an administrator other than that account. Then try to
run Check Disk on it. If that does not help you will need to delete the
profile in Control Panel/System/user profiles after copying as much of it as
you can to another spot on the hard drive or cdrom to salvage your data
later [such as my documents folder and emails]. Your profile is located
under the documents and settings folder. After deletion you should be able
to logon and a new default profile will be created for you. --- Steve

"Shari" <shariandjimdontuse@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How do I fix this error message: Windows cannot load
> your profile because it may be corrupted. Contact your
> administrator.
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2004 7:50:51 PM

Hello,

Please take a look at the article listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296834

Thank You.

Diana