rochin

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Good system, although I do find it odd that you spend all that on a computer and buy a low budget sound card. I bought that card about 2 months ago for my 4 year old Dell for 19.94 at Wal-Mart. Just wondering why spend so much and then get a cheap sound card. :?

kyosuke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Looks cool.
I'm thinking about getting that same Patriot Memory actually for my system.

Personally, I would switch your DVD/RW to a Samsung or a Lite-On. Always hear bad stories on Sony drives.

Other than that, looks slick!

agentofdoom

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
Good system, although I do find it odd that you spend all that on a computer and buy a low budget sound card. I bought that card about 2 months ago for my 4 year old Dell for 19.94 at Wal-Mart. Just wondering why spend so much and then get a cheap sound card. :?

well i don't know much about sound cards eitherr :oops: but from the reviews it must be better than onboard sound and my moniter has that green port, and all other cards don't have that green port.

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
If you're gaming you should get a X-Fi Platinum or something like that and some 5.1 surround speakers. It sounds like you are only using the 2.1 built in speakers on your monitor?

You'll thank me later. :wink:

Also, the 600W OCZ GameXStream would be fine, even if you go SLI. You can save about $30.

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
One speaker from my logitech sound system would blow those speakers straight outa that monitor. i sugest a X-FI plat and 5.1 . if you dont have the space spend up on a good 2.1 than enable virtual surround, but i suggest 5.1. Cutthoats right, you will thank him later...

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Personally I would go with Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 card, just because it is much newer, and has a better feature set, and it's cheap. You do not need to match it with 7.1 speakers, 5.1 will do. I can barely tell the difference between 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 sound. I can't see the link with your speakers, it won't load, but just make sure you have a decent set of at least 5.1 speakers. Logitech is a good brand.