Sign in with
Your question

need some help with my build

Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2007 9:27:26 PM

hi i'd like to know if anyone had any suggestions or comments about my build here:

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=3942665

i am also planning to do some major overclocking, so if anyone can reccomend me some better overclocking parts. i'm not sure about the case i choose.

thanks to all help :) 

More about : build

February 7, 2007 9:38:49 PM

Well, over all it looks good and ANY case from Lian-Li is a good case.
Related resources
February 8, 2007 1:26:20 AM

Hmmm... that looks pretty good. And how much do you plan to OC?
February 8, 2007 1:59:19 AM

Good system, although I do find it odd that you spend all that on a computer and buy a low budget sound card. I bought that card about 2 months ago for my 4 year old Dell for 19.94 at Wal-Mart. Just wondering why spend so much and then get a cheap sound card. :?
February 8, 2007 2:16:04 AM

Looks cool.
I'm thinking about getting that same Patriot Memory actually for my system.

Personally, I would switch your DVD/RW to a Samsung or a Lite-On. Always hear bad stories on Sony drives.

Other than that, looks slick!
February 9, 2007 1:46:55 AM

Quote:
Good system, although I do find it odd that you spend all that on a computer and buy a low budget sound card. I bought that card about 2 months ago for my 4 year old Dell for 19.94 at Wal-Mart. Just wondering why spend so much and then get a cheap sound card. :?

well i don't know much about sound cards eitherr :oops:  but from the reviews it must be better than onboard sound and my moniter has that green port, and all other cards don't have that green port.
February 9, 2007 3:13:41 AM

If you're gaming you should get a X-Fi Platinum or something like that and some 5.1 surround speakers. It sounds like you are only using the 2.1 built in speakers on your monitor?

You'll thank me later. :wink:

Also, the 600W OCZ GameXStream would be fine, even if you go SLI. You can save about $30.
February 9, 2007 4:54:07 AM

One speaker from my logitech sound system would blow those speakers straight outa that monitor. i sugest a X-FI plat and 5.1 . if you dont have the space spend up on a good 2.1 than enable virtual surround, but i suggest 5.1. Cutthoats right, you will thank him later...
February 10, 2007 5:53:40 PM

Personally I would go with Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 card, just because it is much newer, and has a better feature set, and it's cheap. You do not need to match it with 7.1 speakers, 5.1 will do. I can barely tell the difference between 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 sound. I can't see the link with your speakers, it won't load, but just make sure you have a decent set of at least 5.1 speakers. Logitech is a good brand.
!