Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Disconnect with terminal server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2004 1:00:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

How can I remove the disconnect option from the shutdown window on a terminal server session. I want to force all users to log off and not disconnect the session.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 24, 2004 3:32:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Hi,

open Terminal Services Configuration and here right click RDP-Tcp. Go to
Session tab and click Override user settings and select End Disconnected
Session and select e.g. after 1 minute from the drop down minute.

I hope this helps you out,

Mike

"SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:241D2245-3D2E-4D40-8199-06DB35D58665@microsoft.com...
> How can I remove the disconnect option from the shutdown window on a
> terminal server session. I want to force all users to log off and not
> disconnect the session.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 24, 2004 8:32:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Thanks. I planned to set that but I was hoping to also be able to remove it from the shutdown menu. I don't think it is possible. Thanks for your help.

"Miha Pihler" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> open Terminal Services Configuration and here right click RDP-Tcp. Go to
> Session tab and click Override user settings and select End Disconnected
> Session and select e.g. after 1 minute from the drop down minute.
>
> I hope this helps you out,
>
> Mike
>
> "SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:241D2245-3D2E-4D40-8199-06DB35D58665@microsoft.com...
> > How can I remove the disconnect option from the shutdown window on a
> > terminal server session. I want to force all users to log off and not
> > disconnect the session.
>
>
>
July 29, 2004 6:38:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Open Terminal Services Configuration and here right click RDP-Tcp. click on the permissions tab. select advanced and open up the properties for REmote users.
look down the list and place a check mark over the box that denies "DISCONNECT"

you shouldn't be able to disconnect from the start ->shutdown->disconnect anymore.


"SM" wrote:

> Thanks. I planned to set that but I was hoping to also be able to remove it from the shutdown menu. I don't think it is possible. Thanks for your help.
>
> "Miha Pihler" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > open Terminal Services Configuration and here right click RDP-Tcp. Go to
> > Session tab and click Override user settings and select End Disconnected
> > Session and select e.g. after 1 minute from the drop down minute.
> >
> > I hope this helps you out,
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > "SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:241D2245-3D2E-4D40-8199-06DB35D58665@microsoft.com...
> > > How can I remove the disconnect option from the shutdown window on a
> > > terminal server session. I want to force all users to log off and not
> > > disconnect the session.
> >
> >
> >
!