cannot update because network not allowing??

Is anyone having this new problem

When I went for a update was told that network connection would not allow.
Say what!
one was entered on the administrators account on windows 2000 sp4
two no changes to security templates
even used other administrators account (I put a 2nd administrator account
encase password not accepted on first)

So did any one else have this problem cannot update network connection not
allowing

Yes I did put some new software on but before tecks at MS blame that as the
problem, I have used it be fore and would use it an change the O.S. before I
give it up
.. If you know a certain software makes it impossable to download updates
please list and if knowed why not.

PLease no change to Linus OS people if I do it will be for other reasons

Are you talking about Windows Update? If so, try m.p.windowsupdate and
provide the exact text of any error messages you see.

wbgs@optonline.net wrote:
> Is anyone having this new problem
>
> When I went for a update was told that network connection would not
> allow. Say what!
> one was entered on the administrators account on windows 2000 sp4
> two no changes to security templates
> even used other administrators account (I put a 2nd administrator
> account encase password not accepted on first)
>

> So did any one else have this problem cannot update network
> connection not allowing
>
> Yes I did put some new software on but before tecks at MS blame that
> as the problem, I have used it be fore and would use it an change the
> O.S. before I give it up
> . If you know a certain software makes it impossable to download
> updates please list and if knowed why not.
>
> PLease no change to Linus OS people if I do it will be for other
> reasons

What is the exact error you receive when you are trying to run Windows
Update?

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
PSS Security
MCSE, CISSP