Who is Logged On?

Hello,

I am new to Windows and have been on Netware too long,
but how can I tell who is logged on to a Windows 2000
Advanced Server. I can check logged on users in Netware,
but I do not know how to check logged on users in
windows. I need to check this just so I can tell if there
is an intruder.

I know there must be other ways of finding out if there
is an intruder, but I cannot tell who is logged on now.
Is there a way to tell in Windows?

Thanks

Jimi
2 answers Last reply
More about logged

    Start-->All Programs-->Administrative Tools-->Computer Management-->Shared
    Folders-->Sessions will show you current user sessions.

    Keep in mind that this will not indicate anything amiss if you have been
    taken over by any kind of Trojan or malware process - for that you need to
    keep an eye on the Processes that are running in Task Manager, as well as
    installed services and any performance issues or Event Log entries that look
    out of place.
    --
    ******************************
    Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

    "Jimi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am new to Windows and have been on Netware too long,
    > but how can I tell who is logged on to a Windows 2000
    > Advanced Server. I can check logged on users in Netware,
    > but I do not know how to check logged on users in
    > windows. I need to check this just so I can tell if there
    > is an intruder.
    >
    > I know there must be other ways of finding out if there
    > is an intruder, but I cannot tell who is logged on now.
    > Is there a way to tell in Windows?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jimi

    There is no built in central place to see who is logged onto the domain. You
    can see who is accessing shares on any computer via network logon with "net
    sessions" or go to Computer Management/shared folders/sessions. If you
    enable auditing of account logon events in Domain Controllers Security
    Policy a logon event will be recorded in the security log of the domain
    controller that authenticated a user. To see logoffs in the log you would
    have to enable auditing of logon events. The link below goes into detail on
    auditing/intrusion detection using operating system features.--- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod144.mspx

    "Jimi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am new to Windows and have been on Netware too long,
    > but how can I tell who is logged on to a Windows 2000
    > Advanced Server. I can check logged on users in Netware,
    > but I do not know how to check logged on users in
    > windows. I need to check this just so I can tell if there
    > is an intruder.
    >
    > I know there must be other ways of finding out if there
    > is an intruder, but I cannot tell who is logged on now.
    > Is there a way to tell in Windows?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jimi

Netware Windows