hdd info

i installed a new hdd it is 160 gb but it is only recognised as 127 gb ??? somebody help.

I would run the utility on it from the drive manufacturer to see what it reports. If
it shows that at boot up it could be a limitation of your motherboard. --- Steve

"brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i installed a new hdd it is 160 gb but it is only recognised as 127 gb ??? somebody
help.

This is usually a result of a bios limitation (the 127
limit is the clue) all hard drive manufactures have
utilities to trick system into seeing full drive. Suggest
you go to HD manufacturs site and get utility though it
should have come as cd with the drive. Sometimes you can
get bios update and flash bios but I would suggest you
avoid this unles you know exactly how.