set log in password?

I originally had required log in on boot with manditory
alt ctrl delete but this has disapeared. I now have 2
housemates and wish to severely limit their access but let
them be users. What do I do to require boot log in again
so I can start setting permissions. Win 2K with ntfs file
system only on all partitions

Follow the instructions below. --- Steve

Password Prompt in a Non-Domain System
1.. In Control Panel, double-click Users and Passwords.
2.. Click to use the Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer check box.

NOTE: This option does not appear on a system that is a member of a
domain.
3.. Click the Advanced tab.
4.. Click to use the Require users to press Ctrl-Alt-Del before logging on
check box.