Sign in with
Your question

New Nvidia Overclocking software application for 8800's

Last response: in Overclocking
February 8, 2007 2:43:31 AM

Hey Guys........I know i am new on the forum. I have been working on this new software application since last summer. I have finally perfected it.

I am a bios engineer. Tired of telling folks to flash with the floppy, i decided to create an application that could do this in windows. On top of this, we figured how high the delta threshold on 8800's are. So you get a optimized bios on steriods. Try it out.

FREE Windows Based Bios Upgrade

TURN UP THE THROTTLE ON YOUR NVIDIA 8800 GTX OR 8800 GTS GRAPHICS CARD.

Nvidia Performance Enhanced 8800 Bios
Vista Premium Capable

Bring enhanced performance to your Nvidia based 8800 graphics card to the next level. Just when you thought you had to pay extra from Nvidia AIC (Add In Card) Partners to increase performance on your Nvidia graphics card; Wrong.

Performance on the following cards are listed Below:

Model Number Reference: GPU/Memory/Shader Enhanced: GPU/Memory/Shader Performance Gain
GPU – Memory - Shader
Nvidia 8800 GTX 768 575 Mhz/ 900 Mhz 1.8/ 1350 625 Mhz/ 1000 Mhz 2.0/1450 08% / 10% / 08%
Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 500 Mhz/ 800 Mhz 1.6/ 1200 600 Mhz/ 900 Mhz 1.8/1350 20% / 12% / 12%
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 500 Mhz/ 800 Mhz 1.6/ 1200 600 Mhz/ 900 Mhz 1.8/1350 20% / 12% / 12%

Reasons to upgrade your Graphics Card Bios

• Increased GPU & Memory Performance – Windows XP & Vista Premium Ready
• Enhanced Visual Gaming Experience
• Improve Graphics Card Resale Value
• No need to buy in into the hype of buying a pre-screened / pre-sorted card & spend an extra $50.00 - $100.00
• Guaranteed Over Clock Capabilities*
• Shader (Threaded) Clocks increased by 10% to boost up Overall Performance
• Increased fan speeds are adjusted to Offset the increase in GPU & Memory Performance thermal properties it may generate.

Over 95% of 8800’s were tested to OC very well.

Here are three enhanced features that improve performance

• GPU
• Memory
• Shader

And these fined tuned features are NOT all readily available on nTune , Rivatuner or Coolbits.

Patented Technology

Only software program designed to be available that will upgrade (Flash) your Nvidia Graphics Card Bios in Windows OS environment. And now it will it is Vista Premium capable.

• NVBios windows based installer > Ease of use
• Vista Premium Ready >

Background Experience

• 13 Years fine tuning graphics cards bios

Q & A

Q. Will these BIOS upgrades work on Samsung Memory ?
A. Yes

Q. Will these BIOS upgrades work on Hynix Memory 8800’s?
A. Yes.

Q. I have two 8800 video cards, can I use one Bios to flash both cards?
A. Yes. But you have to flash one at a time.

Q. Can I flash two cards at the same time with the Bios?
A. No. Each graphics card must be flashed individually in the Primary PCI-Express slot

Q. Which Nvidia Partners 8800’s are supported with this BIOS Performance upgrade?
A. Asus, MSI, EVGA, BFG, XFX, Gigabyte and PNY.

Q. Why are you doing this?
A. Wanted to make it easier to end users to upgrade their Bios without going through the hassle.

How much does this cost?

It is freeware. I built this application because I noticed that newbies and die hard gamers were tired to trying to improve the OC capabilities and update the bios by flashing their graphics card with a floppy. I just found this too annoying

Nobody uses floppies anymore. This software does not contain any spyware or adware. I am not into that crap.

Download the bios from the link listed below.

http://www.nvbios.com/downloads/

To enable the free BIOS software upgrade please email me a valid email address, model number and vendor. The software is freeware. My only request is that you provide me with feedback. No Strings attached. I just want to share what new Bios tools I have developed. Enjoy the increased OCed performance. Questions? I will be on the forums.

But here is my email address: nvbios@yahoo.com

TRY it out and give me your input.
February 8, 2007 3:11:01 AM

Yes it will. All the 8800's were made flextronics.
Related resources
February 8, 2007 3:13:43 AM

Very nice,
February 8, 2007 3:19:52 AM

Don't take this the wrong way, but executable software from strangers makes me nervous.

My evga has a lifetime warranty, but I do not want to be without my vid card, or corrupt my system without a little assurance.

Send it in to Toms and have them review the tweak or someone else with more than one post here.

That said, I applaud your efforts, as every time I try to OC my GTX, the system will not pass orthos or 3dmark06.

Look forward to giving it a go.
February 8, 2007 3:49:44 AM

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but executable software from strangers makes me nervous

I definatly second that! anyone used this yet? and if so can we get some before/after benchmarks? (we all love benchmarks dont we??)

Someone who works for toms we have a job for you!! ;p
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2007 4:04:50 AM

Alright guys, I'll be the guinea pig! Seems no one else has the guts! Yeeash... pansies...

Now, someone give me an 8800...
February 8, 2007 4:33:46 AM

Quote:
This software does not contain any spyware or adware. I am not into that crap.

I find it worrisome that he puts that line in there. I personally wouldn't trust it until a good review from a solid well known site.
February 8, 2007 3:37:11 PM

No Guys. It is not spam. I have been the behind the scenes engineer from my days at shuttle.

I have no hidden motives or secret agenda.

BTW....To access the download server, just pick the graphics model u are using and then follow this folder path:

Express/SingleImage/DiskImages/DISK1/setup.exe
February 8, 2007 3:59:18 PM

And he just joined Feb 7th??? Yeah, I'll trust that source!!! :) 

No offense, but if you are that smart, etc.. you should know that no one in their right mind would trust an .exe from you. No one knows you, so unfortunately we HAVE to assume you are the worst kind of person. That's just the way the Internet is. Again, you would know that already if you were who you claim to be. So, you are in my book SUSPICIOUS.

p.s. - I hope I am wrong.
February 8, 2007 4:11:59 PM

I agree with BJMarler, I am from NYC, and I find it hard to believe it, show us some proof of who you are. If someone is honest, they would provided a name, I.P address, Etc. when they first posted. Also If I was an honest person I would have gone to Toms directly, first to verify your Claims and intentions. Just coming out of the blue like that makes me questions your intentions. Especially since there are a lot of Spams,Scams,Virues,Phish and so on. Lastly there is no Free in this life. There is always a catch.
February 9, 2007 9:35:13 AM

NVBIOSTWEAKER, please dont be offended that we dont trust you right off the bat. I am not trying to be rude or to cast doubt on you, but this IS an age where trust is hard to come by, and we are (mostly) computer geeks here, so its hard for us to trust any random program (particularly when it comes to dealing with bioses)
Hopefully someone (maybe try to get someone at toms to review it?) will try this mod and post some results soon.
Thanks heaps for the effort though man
February 9, 2007 10:34:36 AM

NVBIOSTWEAKER,
I was just wondering if a card that does not take well too being o.ced would still post after the bios update so that it could be reflashed to the original bios.
February 9, 2007 6:44:07 PM

Quote:
Hey Guys........I know i am new on the forum. I have been working on this new software application since last summer. I have finally perfected it.

I am a bios engineer. Tired of telling folks to flash with the floppy, i decided to create an application that could do this in windows. On top of this, we figured how high the delta threshold on 8800's are. So you get a optimized bios on steriods. Try it out.

FREE Windows Based Bios Upgrade

TURN UP THE THROTTLE ON YOUR NVIDIA 8800 GTX OR 8800 GTS GRAPHICS CARD.

Nvidia Performance Enhanced 8800 Bios
Vista Premium Capable

Bring enhanced performance to your Nvidia based 8800 graphics card to the next level. Just when you thought you had to pay extra from Nvidia AIC (Add In Card) Partners to increase performance on your Nvidia graphics card; Wrong.

Performance on the following cards are listed Below:

Model Number Reference: GPU/Memory/Shader Enhanced: GPU/Memory/Shader Performance Gain
GPU – Memory - Shader
Nvidia 8800 GTX 768 575 Mhz/ 900 Mhz 1.8/ 1350 625 Mhz/ 1000 Mhz 2.0/1450 08% / 10% / 08%
Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 500 Mhz/ 800 Mhz 1.6/ 1200 600 Mhz/ 900 Mhz 1.8/1350 20% / 12% / 12%
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 500 Mhz/ 800 Mhz 1.6/ 1200 600 Mhz/ 900 Mhz 1.8/1350 20% / 12% / 12%

Reasons to upgrade your Graphics Card Bios

• Increased GPU & Memory Performance – Windows XP & Vista Premium Ready
• Enhanced Visual Gaming Experience
• Improve Graphics Card Resale Value
• No need to buy in into the hype of buying a pre-screened / pre-sorted card & spend an extra $50.00 - $100.00
• Guaranteed Over Clock Capabilities*
• Shader (Threaded) Clocks increased by 10% to boost up Overall Performance
• Increased fan speeds are adjusted to Offset the increase in GPU & Memory Performance thermal properties it may generate.

Over 95% of 8800’s were tested to OC very well.

Here are three enhanced features that improve performance

• GPU
• Memory
• Shader

And these fined tuned features are NOT all readily available on nTune , Rivatuner or Coolbits.

Patented Technology

Only software program designed to be available that will upgrade (Flash) your Nvidia Graphics Card Bios in Windows OS environment. And now it will it is Vista Premium capable.

• NVBios windows based installer > Ease of use
• Vista Premium Ready >

Background Experience

• 13 Years fine tuning graphics cards bios

Q & A

Q. Will these BIOS upgrades work on Samsung Memory ?
A. Yes

Q. Will these BIOS upgrades work on Hynix Memory 8800’s?
A. Yes.

Q. I have two 8800 video cards, can I use one Bios to flash both cards?
A. Yes. But you have to flash one at a time.

Q. Can I flash two cards at the same time with the Bios?
A. No. Each graphics card must be flashed individually in the Primary PCI-Express slot

Q. Which Nvidia Partners 8800’s are supported with this BIOS Performance upgrade?
A. Asus, MSI, EVGA, BFG, XFX, Gigabyte and PNY.

Q. Why are you doing this?
A. Wanted to make it easier to end users to upgrade their Bios without going through the hassle.

How much does this cost?

It is freeware. I built this application because I noticed that newbies and die hard gamers were tired to trying to improve the OC capabilities and update the bios by flashing their graphics card with a floppy. I just found this too annoying

Nobody uses floppies anymore. This software does not contain any spyware or adware. I am not into that crap.

Download the bios from the link listed below.

http://www.nvbios.com/downloads/

To enable the free BIOS software upgrade please email me a valid email address, model number and vendor. The software is freeware. My only request is that you provide me with feedback. No Strings attached. I just want to share what new Bios tools I have developed. Enjoy the increased OCed performance. Questions? I will be on the forums.

But here is my email address: nvbios@yahoo.com

TRY it out and give me your input.

dont matter....y should we trust you when we can just overclock our 8800gts's to 660 core 2000 memory. nyways its not even a valid source. not many people wanna end up with a dead 400$ graphics card. srry pal, how about you tell tomshardwre about it, and maybe they will make it legit, then we might even buy it =D...for 10 bux
February 10, 2007 6:24:44 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys........I know i am new on the forum. I have been working on this new software application since last summer. I have finally perfected it. I am a bios engineer. Tired of telling folks to flash with the floppy, i decided to create an application that could do this in windows.

Mmm, sounds very interesting but what you claim is not new. Just to let you know we make NiBiTor (NVIDIA BIOS Editor) and we could enable flashing from within Windows since 2 years but we don't for one single reason, if it is too easy then everyone will do it and NVIDIA will take action to completely disable it. Windows flashing means anyone will try it and we will see a big increase in guys who badly flashed their cards.

Secondly if you can proof yourself that your so called optimisations really work then I would be willing to step in and help out, but currently I don't see anything that really shows, nor explains what you have done. In the end you need to be able to show what you have done to gain trust just as anyone else and what we have done over the past 3 years with the development of NiBiTor...
February 10, 2007 7:13:52 AM

Secondly after checking the downloads and trying it, the method to flash is just the XFX program that is used which works in Windows via a DOS window which is not fail save. And the BIOS are just a clock speed update nothing more nothing less, which can be done in just a second with NiBiTor (NVIDIA BIOS Editor). So, much talk but nothing exciting nor new...
February 10, 2007 4:10:23 PM

As Mavke said, no malware, spyware, etc.

Check his link (Mavke) to see someone who really knows what he is talking about. I have used his products several times with great, safe results.

As he noted, Beware the easy way.
February 18, 2007 6:22:15 PM

want to thank you. Worked like a dream for me. smooth and stable

8800 GTS 640 @ 600 1800 .

well done.
February 28, 2007 11:37:53 PM

Right on Mpilch. Godzilla's trolling these forums all the time with his tremendous post count of 1. Sounds trustworthy to me
March 1, 2007 12:16:38 AM

While it sounds tempting, I can manually overclock my 8800GTX if I need to, although I've had no problems running any game I've tried.
March 1, 2007 12:51:39 AM

the link doesn't even work
March 1, 2007 12:52:00 AM

As I have stated before, if you are interested in flashing the bios or tweaking it, Mavke's site has it in spades, all the cards, all the bios's, AND the safe way to do it.

MVKTechnet

And all for free!
March 1, 2007 12:53:37 AM

I think I'll pass. :roll:
March 1, 2007 1:00:08 AM

haha anyone else notice something a taaaaaad fishy about their join dates, pretty darn close together :wink:
March 1, 2007 1:28:39 AM

I bet Godzilla is nvbiostweaker. What are the odds of him making his first post saying thanks rather then most ppl asking questions or something :lol: 
March 1, 2007 2:10:32 AM

Take this scam somewhere else D*** head :evil: 

Godzilla and you are in bed , :twisted:

Why dont you give us some photos of you actually flashing your 8800 , very easy to parade over here and ruin other people's cards.

Take a hike :evil: 
March 3, 2007 6:18:56 PM

Well here is my first post.
I am interested in overclocking my 8800 however I dont think flashing the bios of my $600 card is ahhh ....SMART!!! I have just upgraded my system and have been itching to overclock it. but have never had much luck in the bios so I would like a windows app to do this I read that these cards are overclockable can anyone suggest a QUALITY app to do this.
Hopefully it will do RAM, GPU and CPU.

With many thanks in advance.
Russty
March 26, 2007 2:07:17 AM

I was able to get "decent" overclocks: 600MHz core, 1200MHz shader, and 2060MHz RAM on the FOXCONN 8800 GTS. Of course I TESTED these settings at great length before I ever committed them to the BIOS. Nobody want't to risk losing their investment for a few points worth of gain.

There is a very good guide on How to Overclock the GeForce 8800 Series for those who are interest. The articles is available here: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

I wrote wrote this guide, and Benchmark Reviews is my site. Regardless, I think that since thousands have read this article and sent me positive messages, perhaps it could help someone here from making a big mistake or doing something wrong.
April 21, 2007 9:42:05 AM

I used this flash tool with success on several different 8800 cards and it is the greatest tool I have ever seen with the easiest usage. Kudos to the designer and engineer. Life needs to be simple.
April 21, 2007 10:39:33 AM

Lol, this is BS.

Why would you even want to have the fastest GPU there is now, and make it faster. Most cpu's can't even keep up with it.

And everybody who 'tried' it all joined to make just that 1 post, just doesn't seem right.
April 21, 2007 11:55:52 AM

I live in the Netherlands myself as does the last poster. I have seen higher framerates with this BIOS update. I'll agree that it didn't seem to make much difference in XP but it seems to make quite a difference in MS Vista. It saves me money but clocking it very close to the speed of a GTX card at far less cost. I'll partially agree that the CPU also can be a bottleneck but I'm planning on upgrading my CPU, motherboard, and memory within the next 10 days.
April 21, 2007 12:12:39 PM

great...so im supposed to go ahead and listen to 4-5 guys saying is great....and all 5 have a total post count of....5 :roll: :roll:

sure...
I dont even have a 8800, even if i did, i wouldnt try it.

Like its been suggested, get it reviewed by a respectable site and then tell us about it.
April 21, 2007 12:38:49 PM

Quote:
I live in the Netherlands myself as does the last poster. I have seen higher framerates with this BIOS update. I'll agree that it didn't seem to make much difference in XP but it seems to make quite a difference in MS Vista. It saves me money but clocking it very close to the speed of a GTX card at far less cost. I'll partially agree that the CPU also can be a bottleneck but I'm planning on upgrading my CPU, motherboard, and memory within the next 10 days.

Wow you sure do like making new accounts don't you? Shove off, jack@ss.

No one is going to take your Fake a$$ software.

For pete's sake, Nvidia makes perfectly good software to overclock your 8800, http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html

To sum up, Please DO NOT USE THIS STUFF ON YOU VIDEO CARD. This guy is obviously fake.
April 21, 2007 12:40:06 PM

Although my posts on this forum is only a handful I have thousands of posts on other forums. I have over 28 years experience as a digital technician, computer technician, and software/hardware tester so I feel comfortable talking about this subject and the testing I've done. Many years ago I contributed my knowledge as a technical editor on some PC magazines. I'm not trying to brag here or to solicit my ego so anyone who thinks that then I apologize.

The problem with updating or upgrading many videocard BIOs is the fact you have to boot a bloody floppy and run the BIOs update from there. What a pain. This tool allows you to upgrade the BIOs directly from within Windows and in my opinion is a lot safer. Since I have the luxury of getting hardware items to test I've tried this tool with several manufacturers videocards and all of them upgraded without an error. The tool is easily removed via the control panel in Windows as easily as it was to install.

Should I recommend it to the world? No, but I will recommend to fellow technicians and serious overclockers who know what they're doing. With the videocard overclocked (with this tool) I am running a comfortable 68 degrees Celsius when idle. (8800 GTS now clocked at 600/900 as shown in the NVIDIA Monitor)
April 21, 2007 12:51:40 PM

still....you cant blame us for not trusting all of this.
Its a very suspicious thing that some one turns up, and his first post is an exe file.

so unless someone here with a 8800 and has a good reputation can confirm that it is safe...i doubt anyone else would try it.
April 21, 2007 1:00:13 PM

I was also weary of any type of executable. The first thing I did was download it to a safe server and check it with antivirus and spyware. There could be several reasons why this individual would want to post under a new name. If he/she works for a videocard company then more than likely they could be fired for this type of work. The way in which the forum posting was written sounds like a disgruntled videocard employee to me.

Perhaps someone can ask a technician inside Tom's hardware website to give it a try? Perhaps there is another technician out there in the forums who does testing like myself who is willing to try it on a test 8800 GTS videocard?
a b U Graphics card
April 21, 2007 1:02:57 PM

Quote:
Although my posts on this forum is only a handful I have thousands of posts on other forums. I have over 28 years experience as a digital technician, computer technician, and software/hardware tester so I feel comfortable talking about this subject and the testing I've done. Many years ago I contributed my knowledge as a technical editor on some PC magazines. I'm not trying to brag here or to solicit my ego so anyone who thinks that then I apologize.

The problem with updating or upgrading many videocard BIOs is the fact you have to boot a bloody floppy and run the BIOs update from there. What a pain. This tool allows you to upgrade the BIOs directly from within Windows and in my opinion is a lot safer. Since I have the luxury of getting hardware items to test I've tried this tool with several manufacturers videocards and all of them upgraded without an error. The tool is easily removed via the control panel in Windows as easily as it was to install.

Should I recommend it to the world? No, but I will recommend to fellow technicians and serious overclockers who know what they're doing. With the videocard overclocked (with this tool) I am running a comfortable 68 degrees Celsius when idle. (8800 GTS now clocked at 600/900 as shown in the NVIDIA Monitor)
BUNKAGE!! Im buyin a 2900 anyways, so $h0^3 0FF
April 21, 2007 1:12:38 PM

I havn't FLAMED anyone in this forum nor in any other forum of which I am a member. Why would you FLAME someone who is offering their honest opinion?

In this posting everyone has been asking for facts, testing, or proof the tool works and that's what I've done as a service to this forum and others.

Helping others is what forums are about.
April 21, 2007 1:20:25 PM

Even if this was a real tool, it would be worthless as overclocking the 8800GTS and GTX is incredibly easy.
April 21, 2007 1:28:02 PM

Overclocking via NTUNE (assuming your motherboard is supported) or the ATI tool are both viable options. Some users find this easier and you are absolutely correct.

However, for those who wish to install a videocard BIOs this is a much simpler method than using a floppy. I wish all videocard manufacturers would offer videocard BIOs upgrades via a Windows installer as opposed to a floppy.
April 21, 2007 1:28:29 PM

I think you miss the point about not trusting someone with low post count. If other people knew who you were, and you'd posted loads more (which takes a lot of time that shisters aren't prepared to spend), then someone might listen to you.

As it is, you just look like a fraud. Nothing you can say will change that perception. Sorry.
April 21, 2007 1:52:13 PM

Get a life!!!
Until your bios updater shows up under the download sections at Toms or other known sites like http://www.guru3d.com/ people arent gonna be bothered to download your viruses. LMAO
Anonymous
April 21, 2007 2:08:13 PM

you made the tweaked bios for 8800 but you don't have 8800 series card. what kind of crap is that.
Anonymous
April 21, 2007 2:16:48 PM

too all my 8800GTS group buddys out there who have this card.. don't listen to this load of crap that these 4 or 5 guys are saying. looks like a big scam. Even if it works there is no way in hell i will flash my 450$ card just use nvidia overlocking software or ati tools
April 1, 2008 9:43:07 AM

Can I overclock my Gainward 8800GT with this tool?
April 1, 2008 10:28:00 AM

Man, you missed the 1 year no posts. Well, it would have been a whole year if you would have waited 16 days to find it!

I just wanna know if it worked??

--Lupi!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 25, 2010 8:08:11 PM

Hi Guys

I have 1 BFG 8800GTS 640 OC @ 513/792 Stock
and 1 BFG 8800GTS 640 OC2 @ 580/850 Stock

I want to make both of these Identical so i dont need to disable SLI every time i reboot because my Driver needs reinstalling if i do. (BSOD if boots up in SLI mode) but if i enable in windows works like a dream until i reboot

with this flash or the nvidia one would any one be able to tell me if it is possible to Flash these to the same Clocks

either both to 580/850 or even higher but i would rather not go to high as im using the Rampage Gene and the cards are a tight fit , my spot fan keeps them to under 65 degrees

Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Ricky
!