Internet Time

I am having a problem syncronizing my clock. When I use XP's Date and Time
Props I get an error message saying "the peer's stratum is less than the
host's stratum.
I also have a freeware program called About Time. It comes back saying "no
time servers available".
Can someone explain what it going on; it has been like this for the last 3
days and I need to keep my clock accurate to do my work.
Ta,
Martin

Getting the same errors - update your time manually. Happened once before and it
rectified itself after a few days.
Kaylene

"Martin Wheeler" <madw@ake.quik.co.nz> wrote in message
>I am having a problem syncronizing my clock. When I use XP's Date and Time Props I
>get an error message saying "the peer's stratum is less than the host's stratum.
> I also have a freeware program called About Time. It comes back saying "no time
> servers available".
> Can someone explain what it going on; it has been like this for the last 3 days and
> I need to keep my clock accurate to do my work.
> Ta,
> Martin

Hi Kaylene,
Thanks, will do. It is nice to know I am not alone and the problem is not
my computer.
Ta,
Martin

"Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Getting the same errors - update your time manually. Happened once before
> and it rectified itself after a few days.
> Kaylene
>
> "Martin Wheeler" <madw@ake.quik.co.nz> wrote in message
>>I am having a problem syncronizing my clock. When I use XP's Date and
>>Time Props I get an error message saying "the peer's stratum is less than
>>the host's stratum.
>> I also have a freeware program called About Time. It comes back saying
>> "no time servers available".
>> Can someone explain what it going on; it has been like this for the last
>> 3 days and I need to keep my clock accurate to do my work.
>> Ta,
>> Martin

Your welcome, the problem should clear (when I don't know).
Have a good weekend.

> Hi Kaylene,
> Thanks, will do. It is nice to know I am not alone and the problem is not my
> computer.
> Ta,
> Martin
>
> "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Getting the same errors - update your time manually. Happened once before and it
>> rectified itself after a few days.
>> Kaylene
>>
>> "Martin Wheeler" <madw@ake.quik.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>I am having a problem syncronizing my clock. When I use XP's Date and Time Props
>>>I get an error message saying "the peer's stratum is less than the host's stratum.
>>> I also have a freeware program called About Time. It comes back saying "no time
>>> servers available".
>>> Can someone explain what it going on; it has been like this for the last 3 days
>>> and I need to keep my clock accurate to do my work.
>>> Ta,
>>> Martin

See if your ISP has modified any of his security. He may be blocking the
port that time servers use.

"Martin Wheeler" <madw@ake.quik.co.nz> wrote in message
>I am having a problem syncronizing my clock. When I use XP's Date and Time
>Props I get an error message saying "the peer's stratum is less than the
>host's stratum.
> I also have a freeware program called About Time. It comes back saying "no
> time servers available".
> Can someone explain what it going on; it has been like this for the last 3
> days and I need to keep my clock accurate to do my work.
> Ta,
> Martin

Here's a list of Time Servers, I use Bellsouth DSL and I get the same error,
Try
nist1-ny.glassey.com, I use this one and it works fine.

Mick

time-a.nist.gov
129.6.15.28
NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland

time-b.nist.gov
129.6.15.29
NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland

time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
132.163.4.101
NIST, Boulder, Colorado

time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
132.163.4.102
NIST, Boulder, Colorado

time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
132.163.4.103
NIST, Boulder, Colorado

utcnist.colorado.edu
128.138.140.44
University of Colorado, Boulder

time.nist.gov
192.43.244.18
NCAR, Boulder, Colorado

time-nw.nist.gov
131.107.1.10
Microsoft, Redmond, Washington

nist1.symmetricom.com
69.25.96.13
Symmetricom, San Jose, California

nist1-dc.glassey.com
216.200.93.8
Abovenet, Virginia

nist1-ny.glassey.com
208.184.49.9
Abovenet, New York City

nist1-sj.glassey.com
207.126.98.204
Abovenet, San Jose, California

nist1.aol-ca.truetime.com
207.200.81.113
TrueTime, AOL facility, Sunnyvale, California

nist1.aol-va.truetime.com
64.236.96.53
TrueTime, AOL facility, Virginia