Desactivate Control panel in a work station

Hi I need to improve my LAn security disabling the control panel in my work station.

How can I do this? Using local policies... domain policies? editin local user's profile..

THX
1 answer Last reply
More about desactivate control panel work station

    You can "hide" Control Panel using Group Policy. Of course Group Policy offers much
    more. For your specific question look under user configuration/administrative
    templates/control panel. Domain policies of course are much easier to manage than
    local policies. The links below about Group Policy may help. There is a lot more to
    lan security than Group Policy including password policy, account lockout policy,
    patch management, etc. See the last link for the Windows 2000 Security Hardening
    Guide. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/distsys/part4/dsgch22.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/management/groupsteps.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/win2000/win2khg/default.mspx

    "heze54" <heze54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I need to improve my LAn security disabling the control panel in my work
    station.

    > How can I do this? Using local policies... domain policies? editin local user's
    profile..

    > THX

Control Panel Security Microsoft Windows