Desactivate Control panel in a work station

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
June 27, 2004 9:34:02 AM

Hi I need to improve my LAn security disabling the control panel in my work station.

How can I do this? Using local policies... domain policies? editin local user's profile..

THX
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 27, 2004 7:49:28 PM

You can "hide" Control Panel using Group Policy. Of course Group Policy offers much
more. For your specific question look under user configuration/administrative
templates/control panel. Domain policies of course are much easier to manage than
local policies. The links below about Group Policy may help. There is a lot more to
lan security than Group Policy including password policy, account lockout policy,
patch management, etc. See the last link for the Windows 2000 Security Hardening
Guide. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/win2...

!