Event ID 5719 No windows NT or windows 2000 domain control..

while checking the system logs in windows event viewer, i came across this
event " Event ID 5719 No windows NT or windows 2000 domain controller is
available ..." which occured periodically (3/4 times) within a few hours
period. the important thing is that it occured on SUNDAY when our offices
remain closed and there is no one in office trying to access the servers.
though the server on which it occured is a domain/exchange server which
remains connected to internet 24/7.

i just wanted to know what this event indicates ? whether somebody tried to
login to a local machine and tried to authenticate to the domain or does it
happen when somebody tries to retrieve his emails from the server and the
authentication fails ? i am just trying to explore the possibilities ...

any help will be highly appreciated,
thanks.

akhlaq khan.

That event means that the server could not find a domain controller for whatever
reason at that time. The link below has some information on that Event ID. Failed or
successful logon attempts in the security log would be more indicative of a user
trying to access the server.--- Steve

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5719&eventno=104&source=NETLOGON&phase=1

"Akhlaq Khan" <akhlaq.khan@softechww.com> wrote in message
> while checking the system logs in windows event viewer, i came across this
> event " Event ID 5719 No windows NT or windows 2000 domain controller is
> available ..." which occured periodically (3/4 times) within a few hours
> period. the important thing is that it occured on SUNDAY when our offices
> remain closed and there is no one in office trying to access the servers.
> though the server on which it occured is a domain/exchange server which
> remains connected to internet 24/7.
>
> i just wanted to know what this event indicates ? whether somebody tried to
> login to a local machine and tried to authenticate to the domain or does it
> happen when somebody tries to retrieve his emails from the server and the
> authentication fails ? i am just trying to explore the possibilities ...
>
> any help will be highly appreciated,
> thanks.
>
> akhlaq khan.

TRENDING THREADS