sam file.

Hi !

I use windows xp pro.

I read that the hackers allways try to find the sam file and crack it.
I searched my own system and I found a lot of sam files for example:

act3.sam
desksam.sam

the search result found 16 files .so which from all of tham the hackers try
to capture ?

thanks

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:09:40 +0300, "sancho" <juanb@netvision.net.il> wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I use windows xp pro.
>
>I read that the hackers allways try to find the sam file and crack it.
>I searched my own system and I found a lot of sam files for example:
>
>act3.sam
>desksam.sam
>
>the search result found 16 files .so which from all of tham the hackers try
>to capture ?
>
>thanks

C:\Windows\System32\Config\SAM
which is the HKU hive of your registry.

DO NOT mess around with this or other hive files.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

You need your system sam file because that is what contains user/groups/and password
hashes. Use a firewall and complex passwords to protect your computer and if you are
not on a network sharing files/printers with other users then disable file and print
sharing in the properties of your network adapter. --- Steve