Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

IIS certificate fails to renew - HELP!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 11:23:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Hi

I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 3:55:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Did you select the second option to send it immediately to the online CA assuming you
have one that can receive the request?? If you did, it should have been renewed right
away and you should have seen today's date as the new effective start date when you
view it. If that did not happen check Event Viewer on your IIS server to see what it
reports. --- Steve


"And" <andcripps@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:c59162da.0406280623.4869ea5b@posting.google.com...
> Hi
>
> I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
> a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
> IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
> internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
> on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 6:16:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Hi Steve

We don't have an online cert authority, only a stand alone one. So
basically I've raised this request, copied it on to a floppy, ran it
through the cert authority and placed the new cert in the same area as
the old one through the server wizard in iis.

One thing I did notice was that the old certificate was not over
written, it was still available, I took a backup of it and deleted it
so it should no longer be interferring with it, but it still shows
externally that the certs out of date.

cheers



"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message news:<Ad2Ec.130552$0y.12695@attbi_s03>...
> Did you select the second option to send it immediately to the online CA assuming you
> have one that can receive the request?? If you did, it should have been renewed right
> away and you should have seen today's date as the new effective start date when you
> view it. If that did not happen check Event Viewer on your IIS server to see what it
> reports. --- Steve
>
>
> "And" <andcripps@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:c59162da.0406280623.4869ea5b@posting.google.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
> > a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
> > IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
> > internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
> > on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 3:19:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I have only tried it with a Enterprise CA and the certificate shows the new effective
date right away in that case so I can't be much more help other than saying make sure
you copied the private key also which would probably require the use of a .pfx file
that password protects the private key. If you have Web Enrollment available on your
CA you might try to request a new certificate that way. --- Steve


"And" <andcripps@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:c59162da.0406290116.3cfd25b@posting.google.com...
> Hi Steve
>
> We don't have an online cert authority, only a stand alone one. So
> basically I've raised this request, copied it on to a floppy, ran it
> through the cert authority and placed the new cert in the same area as
> the old one through the server wizard in iis.
>
> One thing I did notice was that the old certificate was not over
> written, it was still available, I took a backup of it and deleted it
> so it should no longer be interferring with it, but it still shows
> externally that the certs out of date.
>
> cheers
>
>
>
> "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
news:<Ad2Ec.130552$0y.12695@attbi_s03>...
> > Did you select the second option to send it immediately to the online CA assuming
you
> > have one that can receive the request?? If you did, it should have been renewed
right
> > away and you should have seen today's date as the new effective start date when
you
> > view it. If that did not happen check Event Viewer on your IIS server to see what
it
> > reports. --- Steve
> >
> >
> > "And" <andcripps@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:c59162da.0406280623.4869ea5b@posting.google.com...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
> > > a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
> > > IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
> > > internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
> > > on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?
!