IIS certificate fails to renew - HELP!

Hi

I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?
3 answers Last reply
More about certificate fails renew help

    Did you select the second option to send it immediately to the online CA assuming you
    have one that can receive the request?? If you did, it should have been renewed right
    away and you should have seen today's date as the new effective start date when you
    view it. If that did not happen check Event Viewer on your IIS server to see what it
    reports. --- Steve

    "And" <andcripps@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
    > a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
    > IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
    > internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
    > on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?

    Hi Steve

    We don't have an online cert authority, only a stand alone one. So
    basically I've raised this request, copied it on to a floppy, ran it
    through the cert authority and placed the new cert in the same area as
    the old one through the server wizard in iis.

    One thing I did notice was that the old certificate was not over
    written, it was still available, I took a backup of it and deleted it
    so it should no longer be interferring with it, but it still shows
    externally that the certs out of date.

    cheers

    "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message news:<Ad2Ec.130552$0y.12695@attbi_s03>...
    > Did you select the second option to send it immediately to the online CA assuming you
    > have one that can receive the request?? If you did, it should have been renewed right
    > away and you should have seen today's date as the new effective start date when you
    > view it. If that did not happen check Event Viewer on your IIS server to see what it
    > reports. --- Steve
    >

    > "And" <andcripps@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
    > > a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
    > > IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
    > > internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
    > > on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?

    I have only tried it with a Enterprise CA and the certificate shows the new effective
    date right away in that case so I can't be much more help other than saying make sure
    you copied the private key also which would probably require the use of a .pfx file
    that password protects the private key. If you have Web Enrollment available on your
    CA you might try to request a new certificate that way. --- Steve

    > Hi Steve
    >
    > We don't have an online cert authority, only a stand alone one. So
    > basically I've raised this request, copied it on to a floppy, ran it
    > through the cert authority and placed the new cert in the same area as
    > the old one through the server wizard in iis.
    >
    > One thing I did notice was that the old certificate was not over
    > written, it was still available, I took a backup of it and deleted it
    > so it should no longer be interferring with it, but it still shows
    > externally that the certs out of date.
    >
    > cheers
    >

    > "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Did you select the second option to send it immediately to the online CA assuming
    you
    > > have one that can receive the request?? If you did, it should have been renewed
    right
    > > away and you should have seen today's date as the new effective start date when
    you
    > > view it. If that did not happen check Event Viewer on your IIS server to see what
    it
    > > reports. --- Steve
    > >

    > > "And" <andcripps@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > I've got an ssl certificate which is used for people to get access to
    > > > a secure area. I've renewed this today through a renewal wizard in
    > > > IIS, and it all seems ok, only when trying to access this over the
    > > > internet it shows that is still has the old, out of date certificate
    > > > on there. Does anybody know of other areas which may need updating?

Certificate IIS Windows