Sign in with
Your question

915P7AC-8KS and p4d 935

Last response: in CPUs
February 8, 2007 5:49:36 AM

just wondering if this m/b foxconn 915P7AC-8KS or rather in general the 915p chipset can run pentium d's?

Thanks
Tim

More about : 915p7ac 8ks p4d 935

February 8, 2007 5:54:00 AM

ok, so thats the support from foxconn, but is it physically possible to put one in and run it. regardless of whether it has official support or not

Thanks for the quick reply

Tim

EDIT:
and by physical i mean will it run the computer, not whether it will fit in the actual socket
February 8, 2007 5:58:50 AM

Quote:
ok, so thats the support from foxconn, but is it physically possible to put one in and run it. regardless of whether it has official support or not

Thanks for the quick reply

Tim

EDIT:
and by physical i mean will it run the computer, not whether it will fit in the actual socket
No, it won't work. The 915P chipset doesn't support dual-core processors.
February 8, 2007 6:07:52 AM

ok thanks, but one last if stupid question. when intel says 'support' do they just mean that the processor will perform best with that chipset and higher model chipsets or are they saying that if i did put a p4d with a 915p it would absolutely refuse to even recognize that the processor was even there?

Tim
February 8, 2007 6:20:13 AM

Quote:
ok thanks, but one last if stupid question. when intel says 'support' do they just mean that the processor will perform best with that chipset and higher model chipsets or are they saying that if i did put a p4d with a 915p it would absolutely refuse to even recognize that the processor was even there?

Tim
In this case, the board won't even recognize the processor. Sometimes the definition of support is blurry. i.e. Some older Intel chipsets (440BX) were said to not support 133FSB PIII's. But, some boards would run them, it was just hard on the chipset(heat), and would throw the AGP/PCI bus's way out of spec. Thus some boards had BIOS's that would allow 133FSB(overclock) and run the PCI/AGP bus in spec.
February 8, 2007 6:24:28 AM

1tanker
thanks alot for replying, that info was very helpful. though 'tis a real pain in the bum that i cant run the 935 in it.

Thanks
Tim
!