I've been using XP Home for about a week now and suddenly this evening my
Start Menu started playing tricks on me. I've got it set on 'Classic Start
Menu' and it's taken to showing me my most recently used programs. At the
bottom is that double arrow thing and when I click it some of my programs
are highlighted and others are recessed. Thanks Bill but I don't want this!
How and where do I turn this most undesirable feature off? And why'd it
suddenly start acting this way (bonus points for the second answer :))?
Thank you,
Becky

Disable "Use personalized menus"

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/win_tray_personalized_menus.asp

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Rebecca Smith" <rpsmith@pcez.com> wrote in message
> I've been using XP Home for about a week now and suddenly this evening my
> Start Menu started playing tricks on me. I've got it set on 'Classic Start
> Menu' and it's taken to showing me my most recently used programs. At the
> bottom is that double arrow thing and when I click it some of my programs
> are highlighted and others are recessed. Thanks Bill but I don't want
> this! How and where do I turn this most undesirable feature off? And why'd
> it suddenly start acting this way (bonus points for the second answer
> :))?
> Thank you,
> Becky

Thanks, we'll see how that works.