Allow logons for local users only

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

In my windows 2000 domain, I do not want anyone logging on to any computer.
What I would like is to only allow access to a workstation if the domain
user is in the local "Power Users" group. Is there a security setting or
policy somewhere that enables this feature?

Thanks,
steve

Andy

You can add all but the power users to the Deny Logon
Locally key in Local Security Policies. However, make sure
that you do not select "Everyone" as one of the groups,
instead make a group of people on the domain with everyone
but the Power Users you are thinking of, and then add that
group to the deny logon locally.

It would probably be easier to just configure logon locally to have power users and
administrators at the domain level or Organizational Unit level if that is what you
really want to do. That would implicitly deny users who are not in those groups.---
Steve