Allow logons for local users only

In my windows 2000 domain, I do not want anyone logging on to any computer.
What I would like is to only allow access to a workstation if the domain
user is in the local "Power Users" group. Is there a security setting or
policy somewhere that enables this feature?

Thanks,
steve
2 answers Last reply
More about allow logons local users only

    You can add all but the power users to the Deny Logon
    Locally key in Local Security Policies. However, make sure
    that you do not select "Everyone" as one of the groups,
    instead make a group of people on the domain with everyone
    but the Power Users you are thinking of, and then add that
    group to the deny logon locally.

    It would probably be easier to just configure logon locally to have power users and
    administrators at the domain level or Organizational Unit level if that is what you
    really want to do. That would implicitly deny users who are not in those groups.---
    Steve

    "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You can add all but the power users to the Deny Logon
    > Locally key in Local Security Policies. However, make sure
    > that you do not select "Everyone" as one of the groups,
    > instead make a group of people on the domain with everyone
    > but the Power Users you are thinking of, and then add that
    > group to the deny logon locally.

Security Windows 2000 Windows