Administrator Password

What is the way to use the Command Prompt to change
passwords? I forgot my administrator password in my PC and
I saw a tech guy one day doing that trick with the DOS-
Command settings. I am in my PC as a user but I can't as
adminstrator. What are the commands to follow at DOS?
Thank you for your help!
2 answers Last reply
More about administrator password

    Use the freeware at tip 1984 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
    to reset the administrator password.

    --
    ******************************
    Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

    "Alfredo Garcia" <microsoftnet@excite.com> wrote in message
    > What is the way to use the Command Prompt to change
    > passwords? I forgot my administrator password in my PC and
    > I saw a tech guy one day doing that trick with the DOS-
    > Command settings. I am in my PC as a user but I can't as
    > adminstrator. What are the commands to follow at DOS?
    > Thank you for your help!

    You can use the "net user username newpassword" to change passwords at the command
    prompt BUT you must be logged in as an administrator. He was probably using one of
    the free password reset programs to reset the built in administrator account. ---
    Steve

    "Alfredo Garcia" <microsoftnet@excite.com> wrote in message
    > What is the way to use the Command Prompt to change
    > passwords? I forgot my administrator password in my PC and
    > I saw a tech guy one day doing that trick with the DOS-
    > Command settings. I am in my PC as a user but I can't as
    > adminstrator. What are the commands to follow at DOS?
    > Thank you for your help!

DOS Command Prompt Windows