Administrator Password

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 29, 2004 1:08:28 PM

What is the way to use the Command Prompt to change
passwords? I forgot my administrator password in my PC and
I saw a tech guy one day doing that trick with the DOS-
Command settings. I am in my PC as a user but I can't as
adminstrator. What are the commands to follow at DOS?
Thank you for your help!

More about : administrator password

Anonymous
June 29, 2004 4:36:51 PM

Use the freeware at tip 1984 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
to reset the administrator password.

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

"Alfredo Garcia" <microsoftnet@excite.com> wrote in message
> What is the way to use the Command Prompt to change
> passwords? I forgot my administrator password in my PC and
> I saw a tech guy one day doing that trick with the DOS-
> Command settings. I am in my PC as a user but I can't as
> adminstrator. What are the commands to follow at DOS?
> Thank you for your help!

Anonymous
June 30, 2004 4:41:08 AM

You can use the "net user username newpassword" to change passwords at the command
prompt BUT you must be logged in as an administrator. He was probably using one of
the free password reset programs to reset the built in administrator account. ---
Steve

!