Hoping anyone here could help me spot any potential probs i have with my 'wish list' new buy of a PC. I have removed any buyer links incase you forbid it, but they are all from eb**er.co.uk
- Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86ghz - Skt775 Fsb1066 2mb Cache Boxed In
- Asus P5b Deluxe wifi ap Lga775 Core 2 Duo P965 Fsb1066 8gb DDR2 Sata - Dual Gigabit Lan Wifi Audio Firewire ATX (really looking for a cheaper option as I do'nt need wifi an such, but it does need to be a good mobo for overclocking - been pointed to the P5B Deluxe as an alternative)
- Arctic Cooling (AC-FRZ-7P) Freezer 7 Pro Socket 775 CPU Cooler
- Sapphire X1950Pro 256MB 256bit GDDR3 Dual DVI TVO HDCP PCI-E
- Corsair (TWIN2X2048-6400C4) XMS2-6400 2048MB 4-4-4-12 2X240 DIMM - Black XMS2 Heat Spreader E.P.P (Enhanced Performance Profiles)
Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BWS Black Mid-Tower Case with Side Window - No PSU
As for usage. I would like to say 50/50 work and gaming but the honest truth is it will be 80% gaming and 20% work (photoshop / layout applications). I really wnt to put together a pc that will last me another 3 - 4 yrs.
I will prob upgrade the ram to 2gig paired, same brand just the 2x 1gig sticks. OS will stick with XP as vista is just too buggy for my liking (or atleast I'm worried half my stuff won't work as I last tried the beta 2)
Thanks in advance. Please just tell me if I should think of an alternative or I am missing something from the equation.
Evening. I am indeed going with the DS3 but ebuyer do not stock that so took the next model up (still compatable an such) the DS4.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 Socket 775 Onboard Audio SATA ATX
Complete order listed below. Slightly more than what I wanted to pay but in the end its a PC that will last me a long time (as long as I dn't blow it up overclocking it )
1 x Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BWS Black Mid-Tower Case with Side Window - No PSU
1 x Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86ghz - Skt775 Fsb1066 2mb Cache Boxed In
1 x Seagate 7200.10 320GB SATAII/300 8.5ms 7200RPM 16MB Cache
1 x Arctic Cooling (AC-FRZ-7P) Freezer 7 Pro Socket 775 CPU Cooler 105994
1 x Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 Socket 775 Onboard Audio SATA ATX
1 x Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 (TWIN2X2048-6400C4D) DOMINATOR
1 x Antec TruePower Trio 650W PSU - With 3x 12v Rails and 120mm Fan
1 x MSI X1950PRO 512MB GDDR3 DVI VIVO PCI-E