7600 gt performance issues

tom32y

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Hi, ive recently brought a winfast 7600gt and it seems to be strugling with lots of games. ive installed the appropriate drivers, it does seem a bit wierd can only select 3 different resolutions though. right the games are looking like this

screenshot2.jpg

screeenshot3.jpg

mini-untitled.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

i sent it back to the company once and they sent it back to me giving the all clear saying they had tested it to death but no faults were found! does anyone know how i might be able to solve this problem??? Thanks

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Well it looks like a driver issue , uninstall your current drivers and download the latest drivers and re install

also are you just getting this problem in GRAW or in other games as well.

Make sure that your system is not overclocked.

i hope it helps :)

Well it looks like a driver issue , uninstall your current drivers and download the latest drivers and re install

also are you just getting this problem in GRAW or in other games as well.

Make sure that your system is not overclocked.

i hope it helps :)

Goto www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers, thats a driver issue alright

tom32y

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
right well my system isnt overclocked as i dont know how to do it haha, ive just uninstalled all drivers and installed the most up to date ones from nvidia and it does the exact same thing! there is still only 3 resolutions to pick from and battlefield 2 looks just as bad as ghost recon!! any other ideas???

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
hmm then it could be that ure card is heating up, try de-clocking ure card through ntune

i had this issue long time back , i de clocked the ram and the card was stable

cleeve

Illustrious
If it's not overheating and you're using new drivers, the card is dying.

What's the temperature of the GPU while it's running ? (you can find it in in the driver panel...)

Do you have a friend with a PC you can try the card in?

nhobo

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
use driver cleaner to get rid of old drivers before installing new ones

driver overwrites and incomplete uninstalls can wreak havoc

olmecoid

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
I wonder what are your computer specs, not only your video card, I have one coupled with a core 2 duo E6600, 2 gb of ram 2 160 gb hard drives. I have played Fear, FarCry, NFSCarbon, NFS Nostwanted, SplintercellCT, and no problemou at all. So I wonder if

a) You are oc your system.
b) are oc your video card
c) You are using non nvidia drivers

If you have a dual core proc (AMD or Intel) there are some issues that can be solved really easy. Read Maximum PC´s article on the matter.

So in the case that we don not have enough info about your pc, sorry. Mine rocks with the same videocard.

Hasta la vista cocodrilos

8)

tom32y

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
ok im gonna give ntune a go! what does de-clocking do to be exact??

where can i find the temperature of the card again??

and i will see if i can remove previos drivers further then as well!!

olmecoid

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Hey man, Sorry to tell you but I think is not only your videi card, I just installed the game and it gave me resolutions from 800-600 to 1440-900. Needles to say I have a 19in wide screen monitor, and I have not experienced any problems like yours. I think you must post your pc specs to see what can be going on. Did you run a directx test?

Aurevoir, mais pas adieux

ok im gonna give ntune a go! what does de-clocking do to be exact??

where can i find the temperature of the card again??

and i will see if i can remove previos drivers further then as well!!

you mean UNDERCLOCKING, its basically running the card slower then what its ment for, but even then, it should work without doing so.

CHIPSET INCOMPATIBILITY?

pauldh

Illustrious
That's not a performance issue; those are artifacts like seen when oc'in the video ram too high. It's a bad card. If possible confirm it by trying the card in another rig.

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Declocking the card would do exactly that , which is reduce the frequency at which your card would be working.

In other words it would be slowing your ram and core , try slowing the ram , but after looking at your posts i can see that you are new to this graphic card stuff.

I Would advise you to get the card replaced , as it should run at stock speeds :x

Thats what you paid for and you should get that performance .

fezz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
I had the exact same problem with my BFG 6600GT OC. I downloaded the newest drivers from nvidia and I had artifacts just like in your screen shots. I am 99.9% sure it is driver related since I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled my old driver and that solved the problem (luckily I saved the old . exe) Sucks though since im running on drivers that are pretty much outdated a year or so ago. The newer ones dont work on my system for some reason.

I contacted nvidia about it and they said they have no known issues with my card and the latest drivers. Basically they thumbed their noses at me and gave me a big long list of general troubleshooting. Which of course didnt solve the problem.

tom32y

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
ok well my pc spec is:

P4 2.53 GHZ
1.5gig ddr ramm
new 550watt psu
80gb &120gb hard drives
gigabit motherboard
xp home sp2
currently installed the brand new nvidia drivers

anything else??

the thing is i sent it back to overclockers and they tested it and said that there wasnt a problem with the card!!

olmecoid

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
just asking, are you using riva tuner or something like it?. Another Idea. An this is just plain dumb. I assume your card is a PCI express, but main thing you have to declare in the BIOS that you are using the pci-E card as your primary display. It may work, it may not.

Saludos

kitchenshark

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I had a 6600GT that would do exactly what this 7600 GT is showing.

I too tried all the latest drivers, updates, reinstall of directx, nuke and pave of windows xp, windows 2000, etc... but nothing helped. Eventually the only way I could fix it was disable hardware T&L and light mapping in one game and play with the quality setting in others until it finally started working right.

Could be that my card is slowly dying, maybe that's what's happening to yours.

tom32y

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
just tryed dx diagnose and it says all fine!

it doesnt seem to do it on hitman, but i tryed playing pariah and that was also quite bad!

the thing is if it is a hardware problem then surely when i sent it back to be tested they should have picked up some sort of fault on the card???

olmecoid

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Ok, there are some stuff that you have to check in the bios also. Check that your agp is the primary display. Check that if your card is an agp 8x, it has the same info on the bios (agp mode 8x). Also Enable Fast write, and that your agp aperture size is more than 64mb.

8)

Hasta la vista baby