Downloading Critical Update

My clients are unable to access the local update server
(http://servername). We get the "under construction"
message.

We install SUS properly on the server but were unable to
download critical updates to the client workstation. We
follow the procedures in the "Deployment White Paper"

· Install SUS
· Able to access the SUSAdmin Configuration page
· Synchronize with Microsoft.com
· Pull updates from Microsoft.com
· Approve appropriate updates
· Install Sp2 and wuau22.file (Windows Update
package)
· Configure registry keys and specific values on
client workstations

Camille Jackson wrote:

> My clients are unable to access the local update server
> (http://servername). We get the "under construction"
> message.
>
> We install SUS properly on the server but were unable to
> download critical updates to the client workstation. We
> follow the procedures in the "Deployment White Paper"
> (snip)
Hi

Note that SUS does not work as the Windows Update site for the GUI
part, it does not support clients connecting to the SUS server
with a Web browser session.

Fyi, there is a separate newsgroup for SUS:

microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs

URL to the group softwareupdatesvcs for those who uses the Web
interface to access the newsgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs

A Web site about SUS with a FAQ and a SUS forum:
http://www.susserver.com/

More SUS Web sites:
http://www.cites.uiuc.edu/sus/faq.html
http://www.faqshop.com/sus/default.htm