P965 Platinum: chipsetdrivers not accepted...?

Yesterday I installed Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. After that I wanted to install the latest chipsetdrivers for my P965 Platinum. AFAIK that's the first things you usually do. But too my amazement I got a message the drivers weren't right for my system and I couldn't install them!

Doesn't Vista need those drivers anymore...? I thought you always had to have the latest driver for a chipset... Everything seems to be working so I wonder what to do...

BTW I didn't install any other drivers (various RAID ones, ethernet, soundchip) because I don't use RAID, ethernet already worked in Vista and I have a seperate soundcard. Are there any drivers I really should install to get better performance?
2 answers Last reply
More about p965 platinum chipsetdrivers accepted
  1. Go to the msi webpage and download the vista drivers for your mobo. WinXP drivers are not supported into vista
  2. If everything's working, I wouldn't worry too much about not having drivers.

If you want to get the best performance you should go and download the latest Vista drivers from MSI.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Platinum Drivers Windows Vista Motherboards