Windows explorer - customizing opening a folder

I want to remove and change the actions for "File Folder".
But I can't, since "Edit" and "Remove" buttons are grayed out.

Currently it has

enqueue in Winamp
Play in Winamp
Add to Winamp's Bookmark list
command
explore
find

I only want 2 actions; "Open" and "Command" as an alternative.
"command" opens the "cmd" window in "My Documents". I'd like to have it
opened in the folder (directory). I added explore but must have made some
mistake, because when I right-click and select the explorer it says access
denied. I don't know what application is used to "Open" a folder. I want
"Open" as the default and be able to perform "cmd" in the folder using a
right click.

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"ksera" <ksera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to remove and change the actions for "File Folder".
> But I can't, since "Edit" and "Remove" buttons are grayed out.
>
> Currently it has
>
> enqueue in Winamp
> Play in Winamp
> Add to Winamp's Bookmark list
> command
> explore
> find
>
> I only want 2 actions; "Open" and "Command" as an alternative.
> "command" opens the "cmd" window in "My Documents". I'd like to have it
> opened in the folder (directory). I added explore but must have made some
> mistake, because when I right-click and select the explorer it says access
> denied. I don't know what application is used to "Open" a folder. I want
> "Open" as the default and be able to perform "cmd" in the folder using a
> right click.

Thank you. It worked.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
>

> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "ksera" <ksera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to remove and change the actions for "File Folder".
> > But I can't, since "Edit" and "Remove" buttons are grayed out.
> >
> > Currently it has
> >
> > enqueue in Winamp
> > Play in Winamp
> > Add to Winamp's Bookmark list
> > command
> > explore
> > find
> >
> > I only want 2 actions; "Open" and "Command" as an alternative.
> > "command" opens the "cmd" window in "My Documents". I'd like to have it
> > opened in the folder (directory). I added explore but must have made some
> > mistake, because when I right-click and select the explorer it says access
> > denied. I don't know what application is used to "Open" a folder. I want
> > "Open" as the default and be able to perform "cmd" in the folder using a
> > right click.

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback!