Prestige Classes

ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004

hey there

I'm trying to build a dwarven defender/fighter, but I can only chose the
fighter class when upgrading, though I seem to have meet all the
requirements. I have the feats toughness and dodge, my base attack is 7 (I
stripped my character naked to check, so no weapons/items influenced this
number). Furthermore, I'm of course a dwarf, lawful neutral to be precise.

So, why can't I chose dwarven defender now? Is there perhaps some sort of
level requirement I forgot? I'm currently level 4 fighter, trying to upgrade
to level 4 fighter/1 dwarven defender.

That +7 is not your base attack bonus.
If you're a level 4 fighter, your base attack bonus is +4.

Your attack modifier is +3 (based on a STR of 16 or 17), so when you
are unarmed, your character sheet shows +7. To calculate your BAB, you
must also subtract out bonuses from other things.

Fighters advance +1 BAB per level, so you will see Dwarven Defender
become an option when you achieve 8th level (because your BAB will be 7
at level 7 fighter). HTH :)

www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

Barry Scott Will wrote:
> ikke wrote:
> > Ah, strength bonus! Hadn't considered that ;-p Thanks for the clear

> > explanation!
>
> You can actually see your BAB listed on your character sheet. It's
> further down on your sheet, near where your alignment and magic
effects
> are listed.

Thanks - I thought there'd be a place on the character sheet, but
couldn't remember for sure.

Darn administrator's at work won't let me load NWN at work! I'd buy
another copy if they would :)

(and no, I haven't/won't ask, it's against the policy of the
governmental unit, and so is posting to this group :)

ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004

<alordofchaos@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht