Transferring items from one game to another

Hi all,

Is it possible to transfer items from one single player game to another? Or
what about within a LAN game? Or single-player to LAN? I have two machines
networked and have successfully tested a LAN game.

I suppose the real question here is about item duping...is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

-jacey
1 answer Last reply
More about transferring items game another

    "Your name Here" <Your.email@here.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is it possible to transfer items from one single player game to another?
    > Or
    > what about within a LAN game? Or single-player to LAN? I have two machines
    > networked and have successfully tested a LAN game.
    >
    > I suppose the real question here is about item duping...is that possible?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > -jacey
    Transfering items from 1 game to another is easy, if the games are NOT
    server vault games.
    When a server sets up, it can choose to have a vault to keep the characters
    in. It resides on
    the machine the server is on. You never have a copy of that character on
    your hard drive.
    At least in theory that is how it works. The truth is that you can save your
    character to your
    hard drive at any time. But the copy you save is NOT used in the game on
    that server. The
    copy on the server machine only uses its vault character. But YOUR copy of
    the character
    should have all the items on it, so you can bring that copy into any other
    game, as long as
    that game isn't a server vault game.

LAN Games Video Games