Projection TV Maintenance

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 5, 2004 6:50:20 PM

Quick question about my
Mitsubishi WS-55311 (55" projection HDTV)

I purchased the extended warrantee from Sears when I purchased it (Nov 2002)
1-1/2 years ago. At the time, the salesman said that an annual "maintenance
visit" would justify the cost, I just wanted a pain free experience.

My question is; if the set is working fine, should I let their tech touch
it?

Is some type of cleaning recommended?

Thanks,
FIF

More about : projection maintenance

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 7:53:09 PM

It would be recommended to inspect and clean the lenses and mirror. A
technician might also touch-up the convergence.

"FranticInFresno" <MostWanted@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message
> Quick question about my
> Mitsubishi WS-55311 (55" projection HDTV)
>
> I purchased the extended warrantee from Sears when I purchased it (Nov
2002)
> 1-1/2 years ago. At the time, the salesman said that an annual
"maintenance
> visit" would justify the cost, I just wanted a pain free experience.
>
> My question is; if the set is working fine, should I let their tech touch
> it?
>
> Is some type of cleaning recommended?
>
> Thanks,
> FIF

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 7:53:10 PM

Agreed: Depending on the conditions of the "atmosphere" in your residence
the unit may require cleaning of the mirror, lens, and possibly screen
surface. This is what the maintenance agreement is for, and also, for those
nasty breakdowns that will eventually occur. Also possible tracking, screen,
focus, etc adjustments depending on the unit's condition.
"John Smith" <no_one@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> It would be recommended to inspect and clean the lenses and mirror. A
> technician might also touch-up the convergence.
>

> "FranticInFresno" <MostWanted@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Quick question about my
> > Mitsubishi WS-55311 (55" projection HDTV)
> >
> > I purchased the extended warrantee from Sears when I purchased it (Nov
> 2002)
> > 1-1/2 years ago. At the time, the salesman said that an annual
> "maintenance
> > visit" would justify the cost, I just wanted a pain free experience.
> >
> > My question is; if the set is working fine, should I let their tech
touch
> > it?
> >
> > Is some type of cleaning recommended?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > FIF

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 5:57:43 PM

Thanks guys. Had the repairman out Friday. He pulled off the front screen,
wiped down the RGB projectors and the mirror, then checked out the
convergance. Pic still looks great! ("no spiderwebs yet" the man said...
haha)
FIF

!