How to hide/remove Accessories folder for all users

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 5, 2004 5:49:09 PM

Hello,

I am using a windows 2000 server in a citrix environment.
Can you please tell me how can I remove the 'Accessories'
folder that windows adds upon first login to each user?
Can I hide it or remove it?
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 5:14:35 AM

I am not sure exactly what you are referring to but check out the Group
Policy settings under user configuration/administrative templates/start menu
and task bar and the other various folders there for ways to restrict what a
user can access or see. --- Steve

"Leo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using a windows 2000 server in a citrix environment.
> Can you please tell me how can I remove the 'Accessories'
> folder that windows adds upon first login to each user?
> Can I hide it or remove it?
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 11:28:17 AM

Thanks for your help.
Let me try and clarify my question.
I have the "Accessories" folder appear in the start menu
for all users login to the server.
I have enabled in the GP "Remove user's folder from start
menu", but i still can see the Accessories folder with
several sub-menues (notepad, task scheduler etc.)
Is there a way to remove this from being there prior to
user login or completely disable this?

Thanks.

July 6, 2004 10:46:19 PM

The start menu portion of Group Policy would be the only place I would know of where
to find such. I would suggest you try to enable remove common program groups from
start menu and/or delete or empty the accessories folder from the default profile
under documents and settings/default user/start menu/programs/accessories as all new
user accounts start with the default profile and also have everything in the all
users profile applied to their profile. You may also need to do the same for the all
users profile [remove/empty accessories folder] if the Group Policy restriction does
not do what you want. --- Steve

> Thanks for your help.
> Let me try and clarify my question.
> I have the "Accessories" folder appear in the start menu
> for all users login to the server.
> I have enabled in the GP "Remove user's folder from start
> menu", but i still can see the Accessories folder with
> several sub-menues (notepad, task scheduler etc.)
> Is there a way to remove this from being there prior to
> user login or completely disable this?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
March 11, 2009 7:29:47 AM

I had to remove it on a thi
Anonymous
March 11, 2009 7:29:47 AM

I had to remove it on a thinclient!

Add the following to the loginscript:

IF $XPVERSION=XPeCli
$TClient=YES
ENDIF

If $TClient=YES
Shell "cmd /c attrib +H " + $Quote + "%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories" + $Quote + " /S /D"
Endif

Regards Patrick
!