User cannot change the date on local windows 2000 computer

alex

Hi,

I have the problem for user permissions. I create an user account and join him to domain user/domain admin. He got error message "don't have privalidge" when he login and try to change the date/time on his windows 2000 computer.

I did the same thing for myslft but I can.

Who can help me and explain to me?

Thanks

Alex

By default regular users do not have the user right to change system time
and they should not need it since in a properly functioning domain the
domain computers synch with the pdc fsmo domain controller. In W2K and W2003
it is important to have accurate time as the kerberos authentication process
only allows for a five minute time skew. FYI you can find the user right to
change system time in the appropriate security policy such as local/domain
under security settings/local policies/user rights. --- Steve