User cannot change the date on local windows 2000 computer

Hi,

I have the problem for user permissions. I create an user account and join him to domain user/domain admin. He got error message "don't have privalidge" when he login and try to change the date/time on his windows 2000 computer.

I did the same thing for myslft but I can.

Who can help me and explain to me?

Thanks

Alex
1 answer Last reply
More about user change date local windows 2000 computer

    By default regular users do not have the user right to change system time
    and they should not need it since in a properly functioning domain the
    domain computers synch with the pdc fsmo domain controller. In W2K and W2003
    it is important to have accurate time as the kerberos authentication process
    only allows for a five minute time skew. FYI you can find the user right to
    change system time in the appropriate security policy such as local/domain
    under security settings/local policies/user rights. --- Steve

    "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the problem for user permissions. I create an user account and join
    him to domain user/domain admin. He got error message "don't have
    privalidge" when he login and try to change the date/time on his windows
    2000 computer.

    > I did the same thing for myslft but I can.
    >
    > Who can help me and explain to me?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Alex

Domain Windows 2000 Computers Windows