Lost My Log In Password -- Solutions?

Very amateurish mistake. I had an old Compaq running on
Windows 95 that I decided to give to upgrade to W2000 and
give to my young kids to play with.

I bought the software and did the upgrade, but somehow in
the 2 weeks since I set up the machine and when I went
back to it today to load some games, I have lost my log on
password. I simply cannot log on.

Very bush league, I realize. Is there a solution?

John Beckman wrote:

> Very amateurish mistake. I had an old Compaq running on
> Windows 95 that I decided to give to upgrade to W2000 and
> give to my young kids to play with.
>
> I bought the software and did the upgrade, but somehow in
> the 2 weeks since I set up the machine and when I went
> back to it today to load some games, I have lost my log on
> password. I simply cannot log on.
>
> Very bush league, I realize. Is there a solution?
Hi

You might try to reset the local Administrator password
with one of the methods mentioned here:

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: