Any particular permission enabling to restrict REMOTE PROC..

Hi!

I need to have one of my users being able to launch a remote process on 1 of my DCs!
I have installed the MySQL daemon on one of my DC's and that user would need to be able to start/stop the process!

So I was wondering if there was any particular permission (we could set up for example via the System Policy) that control the right to launch REMOTE PROCESS on a DC or any other machines!

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
Julien.
1 answer Last reply
More about permission enabling restrict remote proc

    You may want to mess around with the logon locally and interact with the
    desktop user rights... Also you can specify which applications can be
    accessed... Check out the GPO documentation in the Win2K Resource Kit for
    the exact rights to play with...

    HTH
    Ozone
    "Julien" <Julien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I need to have one of my users being able to launch a remote process on 1
    of my DCs!
    > I have installed the MySQL daemon on one of my DC's and that user would
    need to be able to start/stop the process!

    > So I was wondering if there was any particular permission (we could set up
    for example via the System Policy) that control the right to launch REMOTE
    PROCESS on a DC or any other machines!

    > Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
    > Julien.

Microsoft Windows