Any particular permission enabling to restrict REMOTE PROC..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 6, 2004 3:39:02 AM

Hi!

I need to have one of my users being able to launch a remote process on 1 of my DCs!
I have installed the MySQL daemon on one of my DC's and that user would need to be able to start/stop the process!

So I was wondering if there was any particular permission (we could set up for example via the System Policy) that control the right to launch REMOTE PROCESS on a DC or any other machines!

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
Julien.
July 7, 2004 11:26:31 PM

You may want to mess around with the logon locally and interact with the
desktop user rights... Also you can specify which applications can be
accessed... Check out the GPO documentation in the Win2K Resource Kit for
the exact rights to play with...

HTH
Ozone

!