Authentication???

Please help.

I want to set up users so that they have the same username
and password on their laptop as they have on their domain
logins. The problem is that if they log on locally, they
can browse to the file server and access resources
locally.I want to force them to come under our security by
logging onto the domain, but can't see a way of keeping
the same logon details without comprimising security?!!!
Any ideas would be gratefully received - the quiker the
better!"!!!!! Thanks Gra

"Gra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> said

> Please help.
>
> I want to set up users so that they have the same username
> and password on their laptop as they have on their domain
> logins. The problem is that if they log on locally, they
> can browse to the file server and access resources
> locally.I want to force them to come under our security by
> logging onto the domain, but can't see a way of keeping
> the same logon details without comprimising security?!!!
> Any ideas would be gratefully received - the quiker the
> better!"!!!!! Thanks Gra

If it's a windows 2000 client you just set them up to login to the domain as
normal.
Connect the laptop to the network and get them to login once. That will cause
the client to cache their credentials locally.
The next time they login when not connected to the network, they still need
to select that they are logging into the domain, but the client will use
cached crdentials instead of contacting the server.