Effective Security Policy

micky

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

Hi,

When I add a user to 'log on locally' they don't get the effective permission. It is greyed out. How do I give this user ID the effective permission.

Thanks

That indicates that the local policy is being overridden by a higher priority policy
such as the domain/domain controller/Organizational Unit level. If this is a domain
controller, the Domain Controller Security policy is overriding the local policy. You
can use gpresult [part of the support tools] to see what computer policy is being
applied to a computer. -- Steve