The user has not been granted the requested logon type.

I have 2 computers, both running Win2K Pro. I have set up a share on both
computers, each of which has its own login, i.e., user1 and user2. User1
can connect and browse the resources on PC2, but User2 can't browse PC1;
this generates the error: The user has not been granted the requested logon
type. I have looked through the services on both machines to see if
something is missing, but I can't see anything. Any idea how to resolve
this? Also, both users have no password and are in the Administrators group
on both machines. Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about user granted requested logon type

    Check the local security policy on PC1, especially User Rights assignments
    like "Access this Computer from the Network". (Start-->Run-->gpedit.msc)

    --
    ******************************
    Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

    "Michael Fay" <mefay@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I have 2 computers, both running Win2K Pro. I have set up a share on both
    > computers, each of which has its own login, i.e., user1 and user2. User1
    > can connect and browse the resources on PC2, but User2 can't browse PC1;
    > this generates the error: The user has not been granted the requested
    > logon
    > type. I have looked through the services on both machines to see if
    > something is missing, but I can't see anything. Any idea how to resolve
    > this? Also, both users have no password and are in the Administrators
    > group
    > on both machines. Thank you.

    Thanks for the reply. We did that. Appreciate the feedback.

    "Laura E. Hunter (MVP)" <hunter(nospamplease)@sfs.upenn.edu> wrote in
    message news:uGTPzyCZEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Check the local security policy on PC1, especially User Rights assignments
    > like "Access this Computer from the Network". (Start-->Run-->gpedit.msc)
    >
    > --
    > ******************************
    > Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP
    > Replies to newsgroup only
    >

    > "Michael Fay" <mefay@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > >I have 2 computers, both running Win2K Pro. I have set up a share on both
    > > computers, each of which has its own login, i.e., user1 and user2.
    User1
    > > can connect and browse the resources on PC2, but User2 can't browse PC1;
    > > this generates the error: The user has not been granted the requested
    > > logon
    > > type. I have looked through the services on both machines to see if
    > > something is missing, but I can't see anything. Any idea how to resolve
    > > this? Also, both users have no password and are in the Administrators
    > > group
    > > on both machines. Thank you.

Computers Windows