The user has not been granted the requested logon type.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 7, 2004 6:43:57 AM

I have 2 computers, both running Win2K Pro. I have set up a share on both
computers, each of which has its own login, i.e., user1 and user2. User1
can connect and browse the resources on PC2, but User2 can't browse PC1;
this generates the error: The user has not been granted the requested logon
type. I have looked through the services on both machines to see if
something is missing, but I can't see anything. Any idea how to resolve
this? Also, both users have no password and are in the Administrators group
on both machines. Thank you.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 2:14:20 PM

Check the local security policy on PC1, especially User Rights assignments
like "Access this Computer from the Network". (Start-->Run-->gpedit.msc)

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

"Michael Fay" <mefay@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 computers, both running Win2K Pro. I have set up a share on both
> computers, each of which has its own login, i.e., user1 and user2. User1
> can connect and browse the resources on PC2, but User2 can't browse PC1;
> this generates the error: The user has not been granted the requested
> logon
> type. I have looked through the services on both machines to see if
> something is missing, but I can't see anything. Any idea how to resolve
> this? Also, both users have no password and are in the Administrators
> group
> on both machines. Thank you.

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 3:54:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. We did that. Appreciate the feedback.

"Laura E. Hunter (MVP)" <hunter(nospamplease)@sfs.upenn.edu> wrote in
message news:uGTPzyCZEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!