Credential used when starting Windows Services during comp..

Hi!

I would like to know what credentials are used when the services (set up to be started automatically at machine startup) are run during Win2K & WinXP workstation/server startup!

Is the computer account used or is it the Local System account that is used to do that?

I ask you that cause I noticed that any kind of user on my domain was able to launch remotely a service like "Telnet" on my DC without any credential problem!!
Which is to my mind not very secure!
How does most people do regarding this matter?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
Julien.

The user context is set separately for each service.

Go to services control panel (services.msc) and you can see which services
are running in which contexts. Unless you know what you're doing, don't
change any of them. You're far more likely to break things than make them
better.

-Matt

===