Security Tab Missing

Unusual problem - on our Windows 2000 SBS, the Security
tab has disappeared (when we right-click the folder and
select Properties) on every folder on the server. I'm
guessing a Registry entry must have gone missing or been
corrupted.

Anyone any idea what entry controls this and how we put
it back?

Hope you can help.

Ian W

Verify that the drive volumes are formatted with NTFS.

Dusty Harper
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

"Ian W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Unusual problem - on our Windows 2000 SBS, the Security
> tab has disappeared (when we right-click the folder and
> select Properties) on every folder on the server. I'm
> guessing a Registry entry must have gone missing or been
> corrupted.
>
> Anyone any idea what entry controls this and how we put
> it back?
>
> Hope you can help.
>
> Ian W

Certainly are - confirmed in Disk Manager. Can see
security tab in Computer Management snap-in but only for
explicitly shared folders. No security tab in Explorer or
My Computer views.

Ian W