Daily Restore point?

Is there a way to have a restore point created daily upon first bootup (I
turn my system off each night).
Thanks!

LMO,

It's possible using WMI script. Here is a compiled program.
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm

How To Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
Instrumentation in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295299

<quote>
To Create a System Restore Point:

set SRP = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore")
CSRP = SRP.createrestorepoint ("this is a test", 0, 100)

</quote>

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"LMO" <lmo01nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have a restore point created daily upon first bootup (I
> turn my system off each night).
> Thanks!

Thanks. When a new restore point is created, does it replace previous
points? That is, if I put the restore point program in startup so that a new
point is created for each re-boot, will the previous points be deleted or
replaced?
Thanks again!

> LMO,
>
> It's possible using WMI script. Here is a compiled program.
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm
>
> How To Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
> Instrumentation in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295299
>
> <quote>
> To Create a System Restore Point:
>
> set SRP = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore")
> CSRP = SRP.createrestorepoint ("this is a test", 0, 100)
>
> </quote>
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "LMO" <lmo01nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to have a restore point created daily upon first bootup (I
>> turn my system off each night).
>> Thanks!

Print the list of all available System Restore points to a file:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/listsr.htm

Quickly reset all the System Restore points:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/resetsr.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> LMO,
>
> It's possible using WMI script. Here is a compiled program.
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm
>
> How To Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
> Instrumentation in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295299
>
> <quote>
> To Create a System Restore Point:
>
> set SRP = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore")
> CSRP = SRP.createrestorepoint ("this is a test", 0, 100)
>
> </quote>
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "LMO" <lmo01nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to have a restore point created daily upon first bootup (I
>> turn my system off each night).
>> Thanks!

LMO,

It works the same way as you create the point manually. The previous restore
points are not deleted by this procedure, but all the other general rules of
System Restore applies.

General Info about System Restore:

In case of low disk space, System Restore deletes the snapshots in FIFO
basis. And the older points are deleted after the TTL (Time to Live) is
expired. The restore point is deleted because 90 days is the default time to
live.

--

> Thanks. When a new restore point is created, does it replace previous
> points? That is, if I put the restore point program in startup so that a
> new point is created for each re-boot, will the previous points be deleted
> or replaced?
> Thanks again!

>> LMO,
>>
>> It's possible using WMI script. Here is a compiled program.
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm
>>
>> How To Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
>> Instrumentation in Windows XP:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295299
>>
>> <quote>
>> To Create a System Restore Point:
>>
>> set SRP = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore")
>> CSRP = SRP.createrestorepoint ("this is a test", 0, 100)
>>
>> </quote>
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "LMO" <lmo01nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to have a restore point created daily upon first bootup
>>> (I turn my system off each night).
>>> Thanks!

Many thanks!

> LMO,
>
> It works the same way as you create the point manually. The previous
> restore points are not deleted by this procedure, but all the other
> general rules of System Restore applies.
>
> General Info about System Restore:
>
> In case of low disk space, System Restore deletes the snapshots in FIFO
> basis. And the older points are deleted after the TTL (Time to Live) is
> expired. The restore point is deleted because 90 days is the default time
> to live.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "LMO" <lmo01nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks. When a new restore point is created, does it replace previous
>> points? That is, if I put the restore point program in startup so that a
>> new point is created for each re-boot, will the previous points be
>> deleted or replaced?
>> Thanks again!
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> LMO,
>>>
>>> It's possible using WMI script. Here is a compiled program.
>>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm
>>>
>>> How To Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
>>> Instrumentation in Windows XP:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295299
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> To Create a System Restore Point:
>>>
>>> set SRP = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore")
>>> CSRP = SRP.createrestorepoint ("this is a test", 0, 100)
>>>
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User