no video from brand new card

so0dz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
i recently built a new pc and am not getting video on boot. the monitor led is yellow like in standby, neither dvi-out provides signal.

my card is a xfx 7950gt on a abit kn8 sli board.

i have the sli shadow card and video card inserted properly into respective slots (video in pci-e1 shadow in pci-e2).

the led on the mobo light up as normal (the manual specifies the NORMAL led to be lit meaning standard video mode, i dont have two cards yet and the power led is on)

please any help is appreciated i am also waiting on tech support from both video card and motherboard manufactuers to get back with me.

Roasted_Monk

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
I just built a new system just a week ago and had the exact same problem. I thought "oh no...here we go..." But it turned out to be my monitory a CTX 17" from about 2001 or 2002 was too old. Even with the DVI to VGA adaptor the signal just could not be processed by the monitor. So I went to Costco and got the Viewsonic 19" LCD ...plugged it in and everything was perfect. Don't know if that is your problem but it did just happen to me.

And by the way...my monitor also just showed the orange lite

Hope this helps

Monk

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
Do you have more than 1 memory module? if so try them separately and see what happens.

Agree.... also reset your bios with the jumper. Unplug your Hard drive, cddvd roms, floppy and any other card you might have put in a PCI slot.
Good Luck! :)