I want a completely digital experience!

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
July 6, 2004 2:25:23 AM

I'm sick of all the pseudo-digital stuff.

I want a digital pipe straight from Hollywood to my home. No modulation,
baby, just 1's and 0's.

In fact, I want to forgo the television in it's entirety. The picture
coming off a TV, whether it be from CRT, LCD, or plasma is analog by the
time it reaches the eyeballs.

I want a 1080p24 pumped straight into my brain by an attached cable.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 2:51:29 PM

I on the other hand would be happy if people started measuring quality in
terms of quality instead of in terms of the buzzword "digital" which in and
by it's self says NOTHING about quality. We could all make a fortune
marketing "digital low carb" products!

"Mark" <nobody@nowhere.not> wrote in message
> I'm sick of all the pseudo-digital stuff.
>
> I want a digital pipe straight from Hollywood to my home. No modulation,
> baby, just 1's and 0's.
>
> In fact, I want to forgo the television in it's entirety. The picture
> coming off a TV, whether it be from CRT, LCD, or plasma is analog by the
> time it reaches the eyeballs.
>
> I want a 1080p24 pumped straight into my brain by an attached cable.

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 7:35:28 PM

"Mark" <nobody@nowhere.not> wrote in message
> I'm sick of all the pseudo-digital stuff.
>
> I want a digital pipe straight from Hollywood to my home. No modulation,
> baby, just 1's and 0's.
>
> In fact, I want to forgo the television in it's entirety. The picture
> coming off a TV, whether it be from CRT, LCD, or plasma is analog by the
> time it reaches the eyeballs.
>
> I want a 1080p24 pumped straight into my brain by an attached cable.

Sorry, but there is no such interface at this time. You might try taking
the back off of you conventional CRT based set, pulling the big red wire off
of the top of the tube, put it in your mouth (or other orifice that you may
prefer) and turn the set on. While this is not a true digital signal, you
will get a one time pulse of about 30,000 volts that could be considered to
be digital.

Leonard