Windows decided to make a password

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I wanted to change the host name of my computer. However,
I clicked on an assistant that was going to guide me
through. I cancelled that, and then went into the right
section and changed the host name. I restarted my
computer, and now it got a Log on to windows pop up screen
when I start windows. It asks me for a password! The
username is "A User"...I never even entered that. If
anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Bob wrote:

> I wanted to change the host name of my computer. However,
> I clicked on an assistant that was going to guide me
> through. I cancelled that, and then went into the right
> section and changed the host name. I restarted my
> computer, and now it got a Log on to windows pop up screen
> when I start windows. It asks me for a password! The
> username is "A User"...I never even entered that. If
> anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

Have you tried to log on with the original Administrator user using
a blank password?

If that doesn't work out, you might try to reset the local Administrator
password with one of the methods mentioned here:

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/default.mspx