Event Viewer Bug

On Windows 2000 Administrative Tools - Event Viewer
the following entry appears

Date 4/9/2004 Source RemoteAccess
Time 8:37 Category None
Type Information EventID: 20158
User N/A
Computer JSIGLER

The user aaa128*US successfully established a connection
to 295.ca 1 using the device COM3.

The 1 following the 295.ca is not a error.
Also i have checked the log from my ISP who is 295.ca
and there is no record of any connection at this time.
How can this be the event viewer says that a connection
was made to 295.ca (ie. the internet)
What is the problem?
Is this a bug with the event viewer?
Also the user aaa128*US does not exist on my system.
How can this happen on an "operating system"
with "security"?
Anyone?

Do you have a modem on your computer that is configured to also accept incoming
calls?? --- Steve

"Jeffrey J. Sigler" <jsigler@295.ca> wrote in message
> On Windows 2000 Administrative Tools - Event Viewer
> the following entry appears
>
> Date 4/9/2004 Source RemoteAccess
> Time 8:37 Category None
> Type Information EventID: 20158
> User N/A
> Computer JSIGLER
>
> The user aaa128*US successfully established a connection
> to 295.ca 1 using the device COM3.
>
> The 1 following the 295.ca is not a error.
> Also i have checked the log from my ISP who is 295.ca
> and there is no record of any connection at this time.
> How can this be the event viewer says that a connection
> was made to 295.ca (ie. the internet)
> What is the problem?
> Is this a bug with the event viewer?
> Also the user aaa128*US does not exist on my system.
> How can this happen on an "operating system"
> with "security"?
> Anyone?

No. The modem is configured for outgoing calls only
since where I live dialup and satellite are the only
froms of internet connection available to my knowledge
(ie. no DSL or cable)