Restrict domain users to modify HKEY_CUURENT_USER

Hi,

I want to restrict domain users modifying registry
settings using HKEY_CURRENT_USER key like proxy seetings
also I want to give them read only access to Registry.

Any one of you have any idea for this?

Sundeep
2 answers Last reply
More about restrict domain users modify hkey_cuurent_user

    policy is definitely an option which you can look for.

    I suggest you implement Group Policy first to restrict access. Group Policy/user
    configuration contains many settings that are "user friendly" access to registry
    settings that can be quickly implemented. For instance you can prevent users from
    accessing proxy settings under user configuration/administrative templates/Windows
    Components/Internet Explorer. --- Steve

    http://www.tburke.net/info/regentry/topics/GPRef.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/distsys/part4/dsgch22.mspx

    "Sundeep Kumar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to restrict domain users modifying registry
    > settings using HKEY_CURRENT_USER key like proxy seetings
    > also I want to give them read only access to Registry.
    >
    > Any one of you have any idea for this?
    >
    > Sundeep

Domain Registry Windows