Password Expiration mail alerts

RB

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Hi...

I have an application from which I can setup and change passwords based around a 'challenge-response' engine and I want to do a search against AD for users whose passwords are about to expire.
I know the dsquery search can be of some use on 2003 but what about 2000 Advanced Server ?
How can I extract the information and use it in an alert mail to the user (say 14 days before the expiry date) with a link to the URL...I don't want them to change their passwords on the Windows desktop but through the application.
Help with this much appreciated.

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

dsquery works against 2k AD as well.

--
Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
www.joeware.net

RB wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I have an application from which I can setup and change passwords based around a 'challenge-response' engine and I want to do a search against AD for users whose passwords are about to expire.
> I know the dsquery search can be of some use on 2003 but what about 2000 Advanced Server ?
> How can I extract the information and use it in an alert mail to the user (say 14 days before the expiry date) with a link to the URL...I don't want them to change their passwords on the Windows desktop but through the application.
> Help with this much appreciated.