pardue77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
hey guys, I've got a 250 GB SATA and a 500 GB SATA in my computer.. I was wanting to know if there was a low cost way to keep them cool or do I really need to worry about it at all with the setup I have already..

I have a Dell XPS 410 w/Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2 GB of RAM, 7600 GT 256 MB video card.. Below is a photo of the inside of my computer.. The hard drives are the bottom two things on the left with blue tabs.. The drives are positioned upside down with the cover pointed downwards and the circuitboard facing up.. I guess they designed it to be this way to keep it cooler or something.. Anyways, please let me know your thoughts..

also, I've looked on NewEgg.com for several different types of fans that mount in the PC, they 90% of the require a 3-point power thing, my computer doesnt have anything like that.

DSC_00972.jpg

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I wouldnt worry about xtra hard drive cooling. The setup seems fine, and I have had my harddrives runnin for around 3 or 4 years so far and have not ever seen a problem with hard drive heat. I have had them in many different cases and situations to heat them up and my temps around anywhere from 28c - 31c, which is totally acceptable. If I were you, I would just leave it alone, not worry about it, and enjoy my system.

Best,

3Ball