Multiple IPSec Policies

I am trying to configure Win2K box to encrypt when ever
it talk to 2 servers on speciic ports, it works fine with one sever
but does not work with other. When I assign IPSec policy (require security)
for the second server, the first policy for the first server gets
un-assigned
automatically. I tried adding 2 same TCP filters for 2 IPs in the first
policy
but it does not work and you can not have 2 ips in filter list since you can
specify whole subnet or one Ip address but not range.
My question is how do I configure this server to encrypt specific traffic to
these
2 server on same tcp port.
Could someone help plz ?
thanks

You can have only one ipsec policy assigned at a time, but you certainly can have
entries for more than one computer in the filter list and it will work. You are
correct that you can not specify a range, so you will have to have a line for each
server in the filter list. Since you said there were just two servers you want to use
ipsec communications with that should be easy enough. --- Steve

<dostt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObG2eUEaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I am trying to configure Win2K box to encrypt when ever
> it talk to 2 servers on speciic ports, it works fine with one sever
> but does not work with other. When I assign IPSec policy (require security)
> for the second server, the first policy for the first server gets
> un-assigned
> automatically. I tried adding 2 same TCP filters for 2 IPs in the first
> policy
> but it does not work and you can not have 2 ips in filter list since you can
> specify whole subnet or one Ip address but not range.
> My question is how do I configure this server to encrypt specific traffic to
> these
> 2 server on same tcp port.
> Could someone help plz ?
> thanks

Thanks steve for responding, I guess I should make
it work with both servers individually first and than move to two server
configuration once every thing works
with one filter to one server. It works with first server
but does not work with other so something must be
wrong on second server confiuration.
I will try again and post result here.thank you