Sharing

Dominik

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hello

I am interested is there a way to allow users connecting to network share to change files founded there, but not to be able to create files in that same directory?

Thank you on all your answers in advance

place read access on the folder and deny writing
abilities.

You can change each individual file to allow write access
to the file directly and deny it at the folder, but any
new files you create there will need to be modified to
allow users to make changes to them. You will need to
deny at the folder so all new files will use the folders
rights when created.

Dominik

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Yes I have done it like that but I am interedted is there a way to do it on the folder so I dont have to change every file permission of the new created file?