Sharing

Hello

I am interested is there a way to allow users connecting to network share to change files founded there, but not to be able to create files in that same directory?

Thank you on all your answers in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about sharing

    place read access on the folder and deny writing
    abilities.

    You can change each individual file to allow write access
    to the file directly and deny it at the folder, but any
    new files you create there will need to be modified to
    allow users to make changes to them. You will need to
    deny at the folder so all new files will use the folders
    rights when created.

    Yes I have done it like that but I am interedted is there a way to do it on the folder so I dont have to change every file permission of the new created file?

    "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

    > You can change each individual file to allow write access
    > to the file directly and deny it at the folder, but any
    > new files you create there will need to be modified to
    > allow users to make changes to them. You will need to
    > deny at the folder so all new files will use the folders
    > rights when created.

Security Microsoft Windows