users rights in the domain.

Hi,

I dont want users on my domain to be able to install or remove applications
( power users can and also orednery users can do it.)

I think maybe put the users in the power users group and modify there
priviliges so they cant install or remove any application ( maybe throw
GPO ).

is it possible ?

10x
1 answer Last reply
More about users rights domain

    If they have any more rights/permissions than regular users they will be able to
    install a lot of software. You can use Group Policy to assign or publish authorized
    applications that can install as .msi programs. There are utilities than can convert
    existing programs into .msi installs if need be. If you have any XP Pro computers,
    the built in Software Restriction Policy can be extremely helpful in controlling what
    users can install on their computers. There is no magic W2K Group Policy to allow or
    disallow installing of applications other that giving regular users elevated
    privileges to install .msi programs which is generally not a good thing to do.---
    Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/dmebe_swi_gxvs.asp

    "sancho" <juanb@netvision.net.il> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I dont want users on my domain to be able to install or remove applications
    > ( power users can and also orednery users can do it.)
    >
    > I think maybe put the users in the power users group and modify there
    > priviliges so they cant install or remove any application ( maybe throw
    > GPO ).
    >
    > is it possible ?
    >
    > 10x

Domain Power Windows