Chapter 3: How do you rescue the prisoner?

Ok in Chapter 3, in Coldwood, I entered a wizard lab to get the
snowglobe. There is a prisoner there who is trapped behind a glowing
wall. A force field maybe? The only thing I could think of to get him
out was dispel magic but that didn't work. I checked the walkthrus at
gamefaqs. One faq admits to not knowing how to get him out. The other
two faqs ignore the prisoner completely. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mike S. wrote:
> Ok in Chapter 3, in Coldwood, I entered a wizard lab to get the
> snowglobe. There is a prisoner there who is trapped behind a glowing
> wall. A force field maybe? The only thing I could think of to get him
> out was dispel magic but that didn't work. I checked the walkthrus at
> gamefaqs. One faq admits to not knowing how to get him out. The other
> two faqs ignore the prisoner completely. Can anyone help? Thanks.

In another part of the same area, you find out how to summon an
elemental. You must request that the elemental free him (I'd advise
talking to him first). Any other request means he stays imprisoned. If
you've already summoned the elemental, he's doomed.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 03:55:07 GMT, Kish <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote:

>In another part of the same area, you find out how to summon an
>elemental. You must request that the elemental free him (I'd advise
>talking to him first). Any other request means he stays imprisoned. If
>you've already summoned the elemental, he's doomed.

He's doomed. :)

Thanks.

On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:46:32 -0400, Mike S. <mike@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Ok in Chapter 3, in Coldwood, I entered a wizard lab to get the
>snowglobe. There is a prisoner there who is trapped behind a glowing
>wall. A force field maybe? The only thing I could think of to get him
>out was dispel magic but that didn't work. I checked the walkthrus at
>gamefaqs. One faq admits to not knowing how to get him out. The other
>two faqs ignore the prisoner completely. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Summon a water? elemental and ask it to free him.

Mike S. wrote:
> He's doomed. :)

It's OK, he deserves it. You get nothing for freeing him. :\
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Mike S. wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 03:55:07 GMT, Kish <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>In another part of the same area, you find out how to summon an
>>elemental. You must request that the elemental free him (I'd advise
>>talking to him first). Any other request means he stays imprisoned. If
>>you've already summoned the elemental, he's doomed.
>

> He's doomed. :)
>
> Thanks.

Same happened to me. Too bad for that guy.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 15:08:37 -0400, Barry Scott Will
<nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote:

>It's OK, he deserves it. You get nothing for freeing him. :\

Heh. Good to know.