restrict access to Application Log

I want to restrict access to the App and System logs in Event viewer on remote servers. I know how to use GPO (or the reg hack) to disable Guest or unauthenticated users, but I want to restrict everyone but administrators (both local and domain). In server 2003 this is enabled by default, so how can I enable it on a Windows 2000 server?
1 answer Last reply
More about restrict access application

    I don't know of a direct way to do that like to the guests, but it might help to
    restrict users from using the Event Viewer and other mmc's in Group Policy user
    configuration. Users also need access to file and print sharing on those servers to
    view those logs remotely. You can configure the security policy on those servers to
    allow only administrators for the user right for "access this computer from the
    network" unless they are domain controllers. -- Steve

    "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I want to restrict access to the App and System logs in Event viewer on remote
    servers. I know how to use GPO (or the reg hack) to disable Guest or unauthenticated
    users, but I want to restrict everyone but administrators (both local and domain).
    In server 2003 this is enabled by default, so how can I enable it on a Windows 2000
    server?

Servers Windows