How to ban multiple logon?

mark

How to set restriction to allow a user to logon to the network once at a time?
We do not like people to be able to logon to the network to multiple pcs at a time.
How can we do it? Novell can do it, can Microsoft do it as well?

Thanks

Unfortunately not very easily. You can restrict what domain computers a user logs
onto in their user account properties in AD Users and Computers. Otherwise cconnect
from the Resource Kit can do what you want. However it requires a client components
and the use of a SQL server on the network and can deny logon to a user if they did
not properly shutdown/logoff their computer. There are also third party programs that
can restrict user logons. --- Steve

http://is-it-true.org/nt/atips/atips331.shtml
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237282

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to set restriction to allow a user to logon to the network once at a time?
> We do not like people to be able to logon to the network to multiple pcs at a time.
> How can we do it? Novell can do it, can Microsoft do it as well?
>
> Thanks

mark

Thank you very much Steven, and I will give it a try.