FTP connection doesn't ask for login and password

I have a dial-in setup to our server to be able to
download files. I have setup anonymous login to have
read, read & execute only access. When I connect through
the Internet, it doesn't ask for my login or password.
And it will let anyone copy files. What do I need to
change?
2 answers Last reply
More about connection doesn login password

    Surely that's what you were expecting? If you've given read access to
    anonymous then it will have access to download / copy files. Do you mean
    that it can upload files instead?

    What FTP software are you using? Some of them (I believe WS_FTP does for
    instance) allows you to specify what it should use when connecting somewhere
    which allows anonymous ftp, so it will login with that information, rather
    than prompt you each time.

    Keith

    "Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a dial-in setup to our server to be able to
    > download files. I have setup anonymous login to have
    > read, read & execute only access. When I connect through
    > the Internet, it doesn't ask for my login or password.
    > And it will let anyone copy files. What do I need to
    > change?

    I guess I should have worded it a little differently.
    Using Terminal Services, I know you can direct a user to a
    specific directory path. Can this also be done with a
    dial-in connection? I am using a Windows 2000 Advanced
    Server. Also, I would like the Server to ask for a User
    Name and password when you connect with a dial-up to our
    FTP server...not just automatically connect everyone.

Login Connection Windows